2016 Toyota Corolla Oil change preparing

fishycomics

Super Moderator

AsI talk about and show my 2016 is a Spin on type filter I have all the parts ready to go. I dedicate this video to our Mod Scott enjoy my friend. Key words in the video are posted. Not about a product, it's about the feel. of accomplishment.

FISH

ToyBoy

I use an OEM Toyota filter . They are cheap and I live less than a 1/2 mile from my Toyota dealer. Use any 0-20w synthetic oil that is a name brand. I`m currently using Mobil 1 extended oil that they say will go 15k changes although Toyota recommends a 10k change. I never go nearly that long, most likely 5-7 k miles , but that's just me.By the way my car is a 2014 model. Fumoto oil drain valve is going on next change but I`m still likely a couple thousand miles away for that . I`ve changed my own oil pretty much from my first car on. Best upkeep that you can do for your car weather you do your own or have it done.

You can change the oil by yourself. I use genuine toyota oil filters. 5 of them is $25 on eBay and I buy Mobile 1 0w20 at walmart for $23.