2017 - Any way to disable permanently automatic high beams?

I bought my 2017 Corolla 2 weeks ago, and during the test drive I requested that the annoying AHB/auto high beams feature be disabled, and the salesman fiddled around with the controls (I didn't really know the system properly at the time) and suddenly I could manual them. This morning, they have been inexplicably turned back on again!

Basically, I want to be able to have the lights in Auto mode, but have the high beams manually controlled by me like I could always do in my previous Corolla (2005) The automatic system turns them off all the time for no reason. I drive slowly on back roads and it turns them off just because I'm driving slowly or if it sees a stoplight ahead!

I know I could just switch the system to full-manual, but I'd really rather not, as that would, in my opinion, be a strict downgrade in functionality from my car's 15 year old predecessor. I want the normal headlights to come on automatically, but I don't want my high beams flickering on and off for no reason.

Any idea how to fix this? I spent over an hour with the manual and couldn't find a fix for the problem...

Jolla

I don't think there's any way to do it. It would be a nice option (kind of like how I wish we could default to constant-speed cruise control).

jolly

Some models have a dedicated on/off for auto high beams on the lower left of the dashboard (near mirror adjustment and so on). I don't think the 2017 has it. If not then your only choice is full auto (including high beams) or full manual.