2017 Corolla

I love the new safety features and those headlights are SEXY but god damn that grille is HIDEOUS what are they thinking??? I just hope we can swap out our headlights out for those new ones ;)

I would love intelligent cruise control.

And a turbo ... please Toyota! All the cool kids are doing it.
Intelligent cruise : Done ! (as an option, of course)
  • Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection function
  • Dynamic radar cruise control
  • Lane departure alert with steering assist function
  • Automatic high beam
Turbo ? : announced for next gen (but for economy, not performance, apparently.

I'm wondering if it will be possible to swap out the headlights and taillights with the 14-16 models. I saw the taillights are an LED combo, just not sure how they would light up. The headlights appear to be the same dimension, though. Bet they would be rather pricey. Seems they now have an 8-way power drivers seat too. Wonder if it will be standard on all trim levels.

I really hope they're swappable. I'm willing to pay for those headlights. But those tail lights? No thank you. I already have LEDs in my 14 and as the reflector is larger than the 17 model's I would assume it to be brighter than the new ones anyways. Oh and then there's the issue with that hideous red all over the new ones. Check out what I have going on with mine.
IMG_8614 - Copy.JPG IMG_8598.JPG IMG_8602.JPG

I hear you, not really digging the taillights myself. The headlights though, look pretty sweet. What LED's do you have in your taillights? Seem pretty bright.

Great video man! I'll definitely be swapping those headlights in for mine on my corolla 2014. The grille and tail lights look nasty though.
I'm wondering if it will be possible to swap out the headlights and taillights with the 14-16 models. I saw the taillights are an LED combo, just not sure how they would light up. The headlights appear to be the same dimension, though. Bet they would be rather pricey. Seems they now have an 8-way power drivers seat too. Wonder if it will be standard on all trim levels.
I doubt a swap would be that easy (not to mention cost of the unit). Though the shape may look similar, there are differences (thinner and longer thinner part to accommodate the bulkier bumper that climbs higher).
Rear lights appear to be just all red except for the little white slot for reverse lights.
hl.jpg

I see what you are saying now. My lease on my 15 LE Plus is up in Feb., when the dealership gets some in I'll drive down there and look at one in person. If Idon't like it, I'll just opt to buy the 15 instead.

I could care less about the new nanny devices as I actually bought the Corolla because it was the oldest school of the cars in its class. I just wanted an efficient car that had old school tech and would be cheap to keep. For instance our 1.8 litre straight 4 is just plain old and thus proven. The CVT makes me nervous, but they are not bad in low torque and light duty applications from what I have gathered. What they really need to work on is outward visibility which is horrendous. I can barely see over the dash to see what is in front of me. By comparison, my old Focus with 150k miles feels like it has 360 degree visibility and you can easily see over the hood as it has excellent seating position.

I could care less about the new nanny devices as I actually bought the Corolla because it was the oldest school of the cars in its class.
Don't worry, those will probably be only available in higher end models or costly option packages.
This availability is the only way to get the "+" from the IIHS.
That's the irony of it : people would by a car because of this security mark but their unit is most often not equipped with what earned it to the car...
Anyway, that's where all cars are going.
I just wanted an efficient car that had old school tech and would be cheap to keep. For instance our 1.8 litre straight 4 is just plain old and thus proven. The CVT makes me nervous .
I agree. DI and small turbos are all the hype, giving better MPG in EPA tests... but not so in real life.
Those small engines, out of situations where the turbo kick in are just that : small.
On the other hand, Corolla's engine is not that old by industry standard (2006 VVTi and 2009 Valvematic).
Competition might have new engines now, but their life cycle isn't shorter.
The irony is that the K313 CVT, on the other hand, isn't that "young", albeit on other markets.
What they really need to work on is outward visibility which is horrendous. I can barely see over the dash to see what is in front of me. By comparison, my old Focus with 150k miles feels like it has 360 degree visibility and you can easily see over the hood as it has excellent seating position.
Pump up the seat ? I guess it's a matter of personal "build" and preferences and where one comes from as I find the visibility to be fine (except from the rear window, but that has been the case in every car I've owned since 1980 I think !

I doubt a swap would be that easy (not to mention cost of the unit). Though the shape may look similar, there are differences (thinner and longer thinner part to accommodate the bulkier bumper that climbs higher).
Rear lights appear to be just all red except for the little white slot for reverse lights.
View attachment 1320
Aw man now that you put them side by side I see what you're saying. I really hope theyre interchangeable. Thanks for the pic

They most likely aren't without changing the bumper, hood, grille, and possibly the fender as well.

Typically in a mid-generation change the first thing to change are the bumpers and lighting.