2017 Corolla

I finally saw another SE during my commute this morning. It looked nice in blue!
Blue Crush Metallic? My dealer has an LE on the lot with a horrid beige/ivory interior against the black dash. Not a good combo visually in my humble opinion . And it doesn't have the aggressive front end either. Definitely not my cup of tea. And it's almost gold in color. Again, not my choice.

Hey everyone,

Trying to see if I got a good deal on my Corolla. First time owner, really like the 2017. I got the LE for 17600 after taxes and fees. I added gap insurance and another small maintainance thing since I'm financing to bring it to 19200.

Hadn't heard to not use cruise before 500 miles. I'm at 350 but have been using it, but I'm often in city so I'm sure the rpms are varying from the stop and go.

Hadn't heard to not use cruise before 500 miles. I'm at 350 but have been using it, but I'm often in city so I'm sure the rpms are varying from the stop and go.
It's not the cruise itself, it's about not maintaining a same speed for a long period. City driving kind of compensate unless you've been on cruise, at the same single speed, for 340 of those 350 miles !

It's not the cruise itself, it's about not maintaining a same speed for a long period. City driving kind of compensate unless you've been on cruise, at the same single speed, for 340 of those 350 miles !
Good to know, I should be fine then, as I've been using cruise on a parkway with plenty of lights so I've been stop and go every 5 miles or so. Should be above 500 by the time I need to use it for a highway trip

Is it me or is the front grill way too disproportionate in relation to the front fascia, kind of like Yaris hatch's front grill.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Is it me or is the front grill way too disproportionate in relation to the front fascia, kind of like Yaris hatch's front grill.
That's how I thought it looked when it was first released and I just looked at it in pictures but actually seeing the 2017 SE in real life is a WAY different experience. The Corolla looks much better in person than in pictures and the grille actually fits with the rest of the front fascia. I really like the 2017 look now.

For the past two years, I had been driving a Slate colored 15 LE Plus. The lease was due to expire, on the 14th of next month. Got an e-mail last week from the dealer who I got the 15 from. So yesterday, I went back at 3:30 pm to meet up and talk things over. The residual from the 15 was $13,621, I had the intention of buying it after my lease was up, really liked the car. As they were doing the pre lease termination walk around, basically checking for any major/excessive wear and tear, the dealer and I went out to look at the newer 17 models. There were a few LE's and a few SE's in stock. Went around looking at the various cars, checking on the prices. Now the sticker on the 15 was $19,995. I liked the Slate color from the 15, but then I saw the Blue Crush, realllyyy liked the color. The sticker was $21,535 on the SE, not that much more than my previous 15. So we took it out for a spin, and I ended up liking it more than I thought I would have. We went back inside and started going more in depth over my options. The value of the 15 was only around $10K. That left me with an inequity of $3,621. Buying the car didn't make sense, as I would be over paying what the car was worth and the payments would have been the same had I leased newer 17. Trading the car in would have added an additional $90 to the monthly payment. So I sat there deciding what I wanted to do. After talking things over, and seeing the payments, I wanted time to really think it over. Since my father and brother have been using the same dealership, I was able to get a slightly lower lease payment. On top of that I got $1,000 from Toyota which lowered the overall cost of the car. So after waiting a little over 4 hours(was almost 8pm when I got it back to my apartment), I now have a car I enjoy quite a bit. I have only seen three other 17's near where I live in Indy, two White(an older woman got an LE when I was at the dealer) and one in Flint(I think that is what the color is called). I'll say this, they are real head turners.

For the past two years, I had been driving a Slate colored 15 LE Plus. The lease was due to expire, on the 14th of next month. Got an e-mail last week from the dealer who I got the 15 from. So yesterday, I went back at 3:30 pm to meet up and talk things over. The residual from the 15 was $13,621, I had the intention of buying it after my lease was up, really liked the car. As they were doing the pre lease termination walk around, basically checking for any major/excessive wear and tear, the dealer and I went out to look at the newer 17 models. There were a few LE's and a few SE's in stock. Went around looking at the various cars, checking on the prices. Now the sticker on the 15 was $19,995. I liked the Slate color from the 15, but then I saw the Blue Crush, realllyyy liked the color. The sticker was $21,535 on the SE, not that much more than my previous 15. So we took it out for a spin, and I ended up liking it more than I thought I would have. We went back inside and started going more in depth over my options. The value of the 15 was only around $10K. That left me with an inequity of $3,621. Buying the car didn't make sense, as I would be over paying what the car was worth and the payments would have been the same had I leased newer 17. Trading the car in would have added an additional $90 to the monthly payment. So I sat there deciding what I wanted to do. After talking things over, and seeing the payments, I wanted time to really think it over. Since my father and brother have been using the same dealership, I was able to get a slightly lower lease payment. On top of that I got $1,000 from Toyota which lowered the overall cost of the car. So after waiting a little over 4 hours(was almost 8pm when I got it back to my apartment), I now have a car I enjoy quite a bit. I have only seen three other 17's near where I live in Indy, two White(an older woman got an LE when I was at the dealer) and one in Flint(I think that is what the color is called). I'll say this, they are real head turners.
17 Corolla SE in Blue Crush Metallic here myself. Very sharp car. And love the aggressive front end.