2017 fog lights...

Hi everyone! I hope that someone can give me guidance on a specific issue. How, if it's possible, can I use my fog lights on my sport edition corolla AT THE THE SAME TIME AS the regular lights? I'm so confused...As I tested each position on the lever, I could only get the fog lights on BY THEMSELVES, with no regular beams! That doesn't make sense to me.
Also, could someone please explain what each position on the lever for the lights are for? Such as "Auto," etc.? I know that I could probably find answers in the owner's manual, but thought I'd try a forum first.
Thank you!
(Remember, this is a 2017 Corolla SEARS that I'm asking about...)

Hello. I have a 2017 SE myself, really like the car. Anyway, as far as the lighting goes, they are not fog lights. None of the 2017's have them. Those are the DRL's, which is why they don't light up with the headlights on. The Auto function on the control stick activates the parking lights, including the DRL's, and when it gets darker out it activates the low beams on the headlight. The camera/laser mounted near the rearview mirror along with the sensor in the Toyota emblem act as sensors to detect lighting conditions and adjust it accordingly. Also when you flick the lever forward it activates the Auto High Beam function, which will turn them on and off when there is oncoming traffic, etc. The next indicator on the stalk, is for just using the parking lights/DRL's, and the final is for full activation of the headlights themselves allowing control of the high beams. Hope this answers your questions. Now while it is possible to wire the DRL's to be on with the headlights, unless you know how to wire them properly I wouldn't recommend doing it, as it could drain the battery. If you know someone who is good with electronics and wiring you could have them do it, but if anything happens then the warranty may not fix any issues you may have.

so far the only thing i have seen is installing a switch to over ride the headlight wand.... i have a 2017 xse and am disappointed in the lack of fog lights over the DRL.... even the new camry's have no DRL or fog lights.... its like toyota is stepping away from fog lights on its cars... lot of companies won't and can't do it because of laws out there, atleast thats what i was told today.... something about what lights come one with your headlights and blah blah blah... lol the videos of 2017's ive seen online of DRL and headlights on look so nice....

Hi everyone! I hope that someone can give me guidance on a specific issue. How, if it's possible, can I use my fog lights on my sport edition corolla AT THE THE SAME TIME AS the regular lights? I'm so confused...As I tested each position on the lever, I could only get the fog lights on BY THEMSELVES, with no regular beams! That doesn't make sense to me.
Also, could someone please explain what each position on the lever for the lights are for? Such as "Auto," etc.? I know that I could probably find answers in the owner's manual, but thought I'd try a forum first.
Thank you!
(Remember, this is a 2017 Corolla SEARS that I'm asking about...)
Did you read your manual???

Depending on your trim level, you may have some control through the radio.
I have a 14 (with fog) but I’m able to set how my DRL’s run. Currently just the amber lights.

On my 17 xse all you can do through the radio is shut the DRL off and on but still have the light strip in the headlight housing on when you put the wand on DRL between auto and headlights... Only way so far is put a switch on the dash and run it to the DRL... I been asking Toyota for 10 months now. Lol.

On my 17 xse all you can do through the radio is shut the DRL off and on but still have the light strip in the headlight housing on when you put the wand on DRL between auto and headlights... Only way so far is put a switch on the dash and run it to the DRL... I been asking Toyota for 10 months now. Lol.
There’s an older post in this forum where someone has made their DRL’s independent with existing equipment. If I can find it I’ll repost here. But I don’t think he ever provided how.

Probably the same guy on YouTube.... Never said how he did it and said to find out how to contact him... 100 replys and not one person said anything else after.... I would think if you can find the on off wire from the wand you could bypass that with a switch on the dash or something... I seen a few videos of drl and headlights on and damn it looks sexy .

There has to be a code Toyota could do.... When you switch to headlights from the DRL position the bottom DRL's go off but the DRL strip in the headlights stay on.... It's too cold for me to look at the car in detail right now... But the bumper DRL's are the only lights that go out when switching to headlight mode.... When in DRL mode your side markers and parking lights come on in the rear.... So makes me wonder abit more... It's either in the switch or a code.... Anyone have a wire diagram of the lighting system??? Even when you switch there isn't even a flicker of the headlight DRL strip so makes me wonder if it's a code thing over a switch... All I know is it's fckn stupid. Lol. I'm gonna go back to Toyota Monday and see if I can get a wiring diagram or wait for Toyota tech in Boston to get back to me about my dust and water infiltration from my side mirrors and I'll bring this theory up to him.... Worst comes to worst I'll piggy back of my damn parking lights to the bumper DRL... If somehow I blow a fuse I'll bump it up by 5... Fckn Toyota. Lol.

Any wiring geeks here, I dabble a little but would this be possible? Get access to wire harness for the headlight wand then find out what headlight wire and DRL wire are in the harness then make a bridge with a diode in between the two to run both drl and headlights work together when wand is in headlight setting but still only run drl when drl setting is on... I would think diode flow from headlights to drl would work... Any thoughts ?

I have 2014 Corolla S and i did a 2017 se front swap and hooked the day runners up to the S foglights and i think Toyota didnt want them on at night lol they are extremely brighter at night i almost feel bad lol Almost. But because people here in Dallas drive with high beams on day and night so now i dont care lol. But on the 2017s i think you have to hook up a foglight kit seperatly to a switch as if you were hooking up aftermarket foglights with a relay and all.

How, if it's possible, can I use my fog lights on my sport edition corolla AT THE THE SAME TIME AS the regular lights? I'm so confused...As I tested each position on the lever, I could only get the fog lights on BY THEMSELVES, with no regular beams! That doesn't make sense to me.)
Why would you want to do this? Wouldn't headlights will make it harder to see in fog, compared with DRL or foglights?
https://www.wikihow.com/Drive-Safely-in-Fog