2017 SE spark plug Upgrade Headaches!

Wanted to upgrade the 2017 corolla SE (cvt), engine spark plugs.

Currently Denso doesn't offer any available upgraded IRIDIUM plugs. I took out the oem stock plugs, Denso SC16HR11.

And replaced them with Pulstar gg1h10. I emailed Pulstar for the correct part#.

I gapped the Pulstar to oem spec 1.1mm. Be ready to have a 14mm (12point) spark plug socket. Because the Pulstar's body is 12pt (like some Audi & BMW). Torqued to spec. Reset factory ecu.

Engine has more power! Easy to reach 90mph!

Lost mpgs. From 34mpg(granny style driving) to 28mpg(granny style driving).

Granny style driving = keeping engine rpms under 3K (yes, even on hwy!).

A few days after Pulstar spark plugs install. The engine would STUTTER around 1k- 2k engine rpms! Just a few times. Ever since car was new from Dealership, I've always fuel up with premium fuel. I told myself it can't be the fuel. I've got 5.5k mileage on this new engine so far. And changed oil at 2.4k.

Drove another 1k with the Pulstar spark plugs. I assumed after 3 gas tank the ecu will adjust to the Pulstar and gain, the promised mpgs! Because Pulstar's installation instructions said,
"Typical computer- controlled vehicles need to use one tank of gas before the benefits of Pulstar spark plugs can be seen."

After the few low engine rpm stutters. And NO MPGS GAINS. I took out the Pulstar. And replaced them with Denso FXU16HR11.

The FXU16HR11, is an iridium long- life plug. I'll let ya know how it goes.

The Pulstar gg1h has a larger ceramic core than the oem SC16HR11.

The new FXU16HR11 has a hex nut size of 16mm (5/8) and not 14mm like the oem SC16HR11. Also the FXU16HR11 has a larger ceramic core like the Pulstar, which will make your COP boot stretch a little bit and over time degrade/ stuck rubber boot! Plus no runs on ceramic core to prevent sticking on boot.

If you plan to do this upgrade use Denso FXE16HE11. Because FXE16HE11 has same 14mm hex nut size and same size ceramic core as oem SC16HR11!
It's perfect fit, but cost over $100 from outside USA! WTH Denso dealers?

But I've searched like crazy, and the oem Nissan Dealerships might have this rare plug (rare to me, cuz I can't get from local denso Dealer and off eBay and Amazon).

Screenshot_20170119-104510.png left oem. Right Pulstar.

Screenshot_20170119-104510.png Screenshot_20170119-104505.png
Pulstar alone.

Sorry i didn't take pics of all three plugs. I was in a hurry before temperature outside reached freezing.

Attachments

Not to be rude, but why mess it in the first place. I drive a 17 SE as well. I drive 80-85 all the time with no problems. What am I missing?

Mainly because, I drive 100 miles one way to work...

(No need to read, more...unless you're bored at work or something)
And...
I'm used to ignition upgrades, coming from an import drag and V8 background. I just wanted to see if I could make any gains. Because the oem stock plugs can always be improved...as long as it's not an inferior aftermarket part.

On some other new toyota engines with COP (coil over plug), I gained acceleration and 3 to 4 more mpgs. I did the testing with a Gtech meter. And the center console screen showed the increased mpgs. Under $100, why not try...

I changed the plugs because i knew toyota used long life plugs. and I wanted to see Pulstar and Denso's new Super Ignition plugs in action.

Lastly, since a few people depend on me to review and recommend automotive products for them, I had to find out.

***My third set of spark plugs, already ordered. They are one heat range colder than stock...(kinda like the corolla generation before the 2014)
Will update soon!

Mainly because, I drive 100 miles one way to work...

(No need to read, more...unless you're bored at work or something)
And...
I'm used to ignition upgrades, coming from an import drag and V8 background. I just wanted to see if I could make any gains. Because the oem stock plugs can always be improved...as long as it's not an inferior aftermarket part.

On some other new toyota engines with COP (coil over plug), I gained acceleration and 3 to 4 more mpgs. I did the testing with a Gtech meter. And the center console screen showed the increased mpgs. Under $100, why not try...

I changed the plugs because i knew toyota used long life plugs. and I wanted to see Pulstar and Denso's new Super Ignition plugs in action.

Lastly, since a few people depend on me to review and recommend automotive products for them, I had to find out.

***My third set of spark plugs, already ordered. They are one heat range colder than stock...(kinda like the corolla generation before the 2014)
Will update soon!
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I now know quite a bit more. I appreciate it.