2017 XSE Broken Strut

I have a 2017 XSE with just over 20k miles, about 2 weeks ago i noticed a loud knocking noise coming from the passenger front of my car. Decided to take it in to Toyota to have them look at it last week and they told me it was a broken strut. Luckily it was repaired under warranty but it kinda scared me that a strut had broken after 20k miles with not driving it very hard.

Nope my only guess that could have maybe broken it was when i was working in LA about 6 months ago i went over a speed bump at a slow speed and heard a cracking/knock noise from the front. As soon as i heard that i made an appointment at toyota and they took a look around the car and didnt find anything wrong.

Broken, in what way? Do you have pics? My 2016 LE ECO sounds awful when I go around a tight turn, or a speed bump. Car has about 65K miles on it now, but it's been noticeable (and getting progressively worse) since around 30K miles. I had a Taurus, probably 4 or 5 years ago, that actually broke a coil spring. The Corolla doesn't sound that bad, but something is not kosher.

Broken, in what way? Do you have pics? My 2016 LE ECO sounds awful when I go around a tight turn, or a speed bump. Car has about 65K miles on it now, but it's been noticeable (and getting progressively worse) since around 30K miles. I had a Taurus, probably 4 or 5 years ago, that actually broke a coil spring. The Corolla doesn't sound that bad, but something is not kosher.
I never got to see the damage and never looked under the car. Since the car is still under warranty i just took it Toyota and they told me what was wrong and fixed it. I would say take a look at it and if your car still has warranty on it then have Toyota do it.