2020 Corolla Android Auto

I love my new 2020 Toyota Corolla LE Premium Package, but what I don't like is the no support for Android Auto. I had a car with Android Auto and I loved it. I don't have an iPhone and don't plan on getting an iPhone, so the Apple Car Play is useless for me. I do not like the Scout GPS, its not good at all, lots of connection problem, the map is crappy and it glitches a lot.

I hope that Toyota adds to the list of their 2020 cars Android Auto for the Corolla via and update. I been a Toyota Fan for a long time, but the lack of Android Auto disappoints me.

I read on another forum that somewhere around May 2020 Toyota is supposed to be rolling out an update that will include Android Auto compatibility. I suspect that it will not be free; I'm new to Toyota, but every other manufacturer tends to charge for what should have been included to start with.

As with most things, seeing is believing so I am not holding my breath.

Exco

I read on another forum that somewhere around May 2020 Toyota is supposed to be rolling out an update that will include Android Auto compatibility. I suspect that it will not be free; I'm new to Toyota, but every other manufacturer tends to charge for what should have been included to start with.

Exco
I hope this is true. The Toyota support people said they had no plans to do the upgrade, but the right hand may not know what the left hand is doing. I would pay for the upgrade.

Exco
Any update on this? The 8" screen on my LE is really waiting for this update. Nobody look at it if not reverse. Really sad for it : (

Can you share the other forum link?

A friend and former coworker now works as a "service writer" for the local dealer. I talked to him the other day. He tells me that there is currently NO UPDATE for the 2019 Corolla. He admitted that there was one for the 2020s, and he expected one to come out for the '19s "eventually".

Exco

A friend and former coworker now works as a "service writer" for the local dealer. I talked to him the other day. He tells me that there is currently NO UPDATE for the 2019 Corolla. He admitted that there was one for the 2020s, and he expected one to come out for the '19s "eventually".

Exco
Hmm, I have been told by the dealer that there is nothing for the 2020 either. But, maybe it is a Canadian issue that they are holding back an update up here. I hope you are right, and that there really is one. I need to probe deeper. Oh, I have heard that the 2020 Hatch does have an update.

I was talking specifically about the HB, as, that is what I have.

Sorry for the confusion
Ah, no problem. I have heard the same as you have, that the 2020 HB will have Android Auto. Why the regular Corolla gets left out, who knows? Probably just to drive more sales, because maybe the 2021 Corolla will be "New" and "Improved", with Android Auto. It is all about the money.

Here is a response from Toyota Regarding Android Auto for the 2020 Corolla:

Thank you for taking time to contact Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry regarding the inclusion of Android Auto® in our vehicles.

While Toyota strives to innovate and look for ways to include new technology in our vehicles, Toyota has not announced an Android Auto® retrofit strategy for your 2020 Toyota Corolla at this time.

We certainly appreciate your inquiry and interest. You can sign up for the latest updates with our RSS Feeds and/or receive email alerts when new information is posted in the Toyota USA Newsroom.

Your feedback has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Here is a response from Toyota Regarding Android Auto for the 2020 Corolla:

Thank you for taking time to contact Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry regarding the inclusion of Android Auto® in our vehicles.

While Toyota strives to innovate and look for ways to include new technology in our vehicles, Toyota has not announced an Android Auto® retrofit strategy for your 2020 Toyota Corolla at this time.

We certainly appreciate your inquiry and interest. You can sign up for the latest updates with our RSS Feeds and/or receive email alerts when new information is posted in the Toyota USA Newsroom.

Your feedback has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Well, that is disappointing. Expected, but disappointing. And, they are bragging about the 2021 Corolla's do have Android auto. Sad

Well, that is disappointing. Expected, but disappointing. And, they are bragging about the 2021 Corolla's do have Android auto. Sad
I'm still hoping for an upgrade. I really don't understand why Toyota chose to add Android Auto on some of their 2020 models and not the Corolla, considering that the competition The Honda Civic has both Apple Car play and Android Auto standard. I even drove a Kia that have both Apple and Android. Now they are all about bragging about the 2021 Corolla having Android Auto. I feel cheated. It really sux.