2020 Toyota Corolla SE FUll OilChange

ToyBoy

I have no issues with your oil change,but I do it somewhat different. I have a 2014 Corolla they do not have that plastic cover under the car like that 2020 does. I would consider leaving that off. I recommend car ramps they are not expensive and save a lot of work over jacking up the car. I also use a Fumoto drain valve, saves work, less messy,and it stays in so you don`t have to worry about plug tension or changing the plug washer or stripping threads.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I have no issues with your oil change,but I do it somewhat different. I have a 2014 Corolla they do not have that plastic cover under the car like that 2020 does. I would consider leaving that off. I recommend car ramps they are not expensive and save a lot of work over jacking up the car. I also use a Fumoto drain valve, saves work, less messy,and it stays in so you don`t have to worry about plug tension or changing the plug washer or stripping threads.
Same here:

Plastic ramps I don't buy or even trust at all, rather drive up on the side walk curb or place wood ties like I did in the early 80's.. The cover protects and supplies today the air flow and direction of air. I would not at all put any type of plug that allows me to flip it for easy drain, why? Ever hit a pothole, ever try to avoid a pothole, need i say more on that, sure. its great to have but not when its directly the bottom of the pan. Plugs are cheap, washers are nearly free and knowing you did it right the first time says it all.

I appreciate your advice and all. they are excellent tips for anyone out there. and hope that will help some one. Already invested in my equiptment and happy.