$95 Header Install

So I took a leap and tried something. I wasn't happy with the Weapon-R and DC Sport Header prices so I did a little research and found the 10th gen corolla/scion xd/toyota matrix headers should fit the 11th gen corolla. So I bought an ebay header and for $95 and it fits! No specific seller just the search term in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2012+corolla+header

Here's the thread I got my info from to replace the header, great write up:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...ll-headers-corolla-2zr-fe-engine-aircmry.html

I had to take my bumper off to get on my rhino ramps so I started there first:

Then you have to remove the wipers and that whole assembly:

Then comes the fun part:

Since the header is physically bigger the way the pipes are, its a tight fit getting it into the space but it works, just have to wiggle it around and play with it to get it in past the motor/windshield.

Note, bolts aren't tightened yet in this photo.

Keep us updated on how well they hold up.
I was going to buy the $99 header off eBay also. But I noticed the welds on the engine side are spot type. The WeaponR and DC headers have complete welds there.
That’s what’s been holding me back from eBay headers.
I’m interested in these for sure though, so keep us posted on the durability.

What did you use for the gasket btw?

I was going to buy the $99 header off eBay also. But I noticed the welds on the engine side are spot type. The WeaponR and DC headers have complete welds there.

I learned a long time ago to not get cheap, low quality parts as they end up costing more money and time in the long run. When I installed my turbo system I was sure to replace the exhaust manifold gasket with a new OEM one. It wasn't that expensive from the dealer.

Yeah great job and nice pics too!. I had some ebay header(s) for various cars in the past but ended up cracking on the welds. Hey if they hold up then its all good! You car is unique and I think it looks sick!

The inside of the header at the flange is completely welded, I forgot to take a picture of that. It comes with a gasket to use.

So I took a leap and tried something. I wasn't happy with the Weapon-R and DC Sport Header prices so I did a little research and found the 10th gen corolla/scion xd/toyota matrix headers should fit the 11th gen corolla. So I bought an ebay header and for $95 and it fits! No specific seller just the search term in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2012+corolla+header

Here's the thread I got my info from to replace the header, great write up:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...ll-headers-corolla-2zr-fe-engine-aircmry.html

I had to take my bumper off to get on my rhino ramps so I started there first:

Then you have to remove the wipers and that whole assembly:

Then comes the fun part:

Since the header is physically bigger the way the pipes are, its a tight fit getting it into the space but it works, just have to wiggle it around and play with it to get it in past the motor/windshield.

Note, bolts aren't tightened yet in this photo.

Interesting how different your OEM exhaust manifold looks compared to mine from my 2009 Corolla S. Mine from the 10th Gen looks more like your aftermarket header design. I've been told that doing headers on the 10th Gen had little benefit due the good OEM design.