96 Corolla Drivers Side F & B Floor Soaking Wet

96 corolla driver side front and back floor boards soaking wet
Dry firewall and slope where pedals are. The hump under the
drivers seat is dry but the back drivers side floor board is wet
Seats and passenger side front and back completely dry.

Don't have a sunroof, has AC, Just replaced Thermostat, Radiator
and Water Pump.

Any thoughts???

I would guess that the hose from you AC condensor is pinched or blocked and can't drain to the outside. I had a similar issue in my subaru. the hose ended up being pinched by the plate for the ecu so i trimmed it down and the water stopped getting backed up. I don't know where the hose is in the 96 but if i had to guess it would run along the side of the hump under the factory carpet on your drivers side. If you can pull back the carpet you should be able to see if that is it. I would have to pull up the alldata files for that car to see where it is but based on your description, that is your most likely problem. getting under the carpet will also help you dry everything out. You really don't want to let puddles form for long.

I looked into it, looks like the hose is supposed to be on the passenger side but I still think that is the best candidate.

Edit: read some more. Hoses on both sides of the hump. Definitely worth checking!

I thought that's what it might be but was unsure because everything I have been reading about it makes it sound
like you would have to be using your AC in order for it to leak. I am going to check it out in the morning.
Thank you for taking the time to help! Really appreciate it!

I thought that's what it might be but was unsure because everything I have been reading about it makes it sound
like you would have to be using your AC in order for it to leak. I am going to check it out in the morning.
Thank you for taking the time to help! Really appreciate it!
Typically speaking, yes but if you have been running your defogger for the cold weather recently that uses the a/c to dehumidify so you will end up with water needing to drain. I am not sure where you live but with all the recent cold it is possible that the exit could ice up. This is only my theory but is the most common way for water to end up In your cabin if you don't have a sunroof to leave open.

Unable to locate drain hose. I have the carpet raised up to dry. Going to check underneath the car and see if I can
see a drain hose and hopefully follow it or pinpoint where a connecting hose in the cabin would be.

Unable to locate drain hose. I have the carpet raised up to dry. Going to check underneath the car and see if I can
see a drain hose and hopefully follow it or pinpoint where a connecting hose in the cabin would be.
If you can get to the top of the carpet where it meets up with the hump and firewall you should be able to access everything. I would start in cabin before outside. That amount of water sounds like the hose is disconnected!

P1050756a.jpg P1050757.JPG P1050758.JPG I pulled up the carpet and pad on drivers side front and back and sucked out as much water as I could.
Now I have it all stretched out over the passenger seat and have a fan blowing on it.
Unfortunately, I don't see anything that resembles a drain hose. Here are some pics....

Attachments

If you can get to the top of the carpet where it meets up with the hump and firewall you should be able to access everything. I would start in cabin before outside. That amount of water sounds like the hose is disconnected!
Just wondering if you saw the pics I posted and if you had any advice?

Yeah not sure, it should be more obvious. It is coming from somewhere but there aren't many options for water getting in. Might have to get it checked out by someone who can spray it top and bottom with water to see if there is anything sneaking in from any seams or plugs.

Dried everything out, so far no leaks. I'm thinking door seals. Have a new problem......
Door ajar & dome light staying on after ignition is off and door is closed. The light
on the dash is not it's normal brightness. On a scale of 1-10 1 being off and 10 being
it's normal brightness it at a 4 but sometimes it goes to a 7. Checked all the door jam
switches. Any advice appreciated.