98 Corolla Starting Problem

Hey guys,i'm pretty new here and was looking for help, Sometimes (randomly) my car struggles to start, when i turn the key i hear a clacking sound and i do this repeatedly until the car starts and after that the car is fine , is the starter going out or what's up? thanks guys

Starter would make more of a grinding sound but a video would help us help you diagnose your problem. Do you hold the key in the ON position or re-cycle the key?

Starter would make more of a grinding sound but a video would help us help you diagnose your problem. Do you hold the key in the ON position or re-cycle the key?
well i assume recycling means keep trying to turn it on and taking the key off or all the way back i can record it next time it happens, also the battery strap is missing so the battery might be moving?

Hey guys,i'm pretty new here and was looking for help, Sometimes (randomly) my car struggles to start, when i turn the key i hear a clacking sound and i do this repeatedly until the car starts and after that the car is fine , is the starter going out or what's up? thanks guys