A/C only works in settings 1-3, not 4-5

Hello friends
My wife's A/C does not work in settings 1-3, but does 4-5 (floor+dashboard, dashboard)
Heat works in all five settings

My research online says this may be the blend door actuator but I am not fully convinced yet. Can some experts on here concur with me on this, or do the Forums of Toyota disagree with me here?

I am defining setting 1 as the bottom left (left arrow only), increasing sequentially clock-wise.
1615853538793.png

A/C does not work for dashboard. I have the same situation and I don't think it is issue. I guess windshield during summer day is so hot that if you blow cold air on it, it may crack... Unless there is another explanation why Toyota does not allow winshield to be cooled....

I read it as his a/c only works for floor and dashboard, which is pretty weird. My selector doesn't even work anymore, cable is messed up and I'm too lazy to take the entire dash apart to put a new one. I leave it in position 1 and I just reach up below the dash in the passenger footwell and turn the blend door end by hand if I need windshield defrost.

Do ya'll think this is the blend door actuator that has gone bad? I am having trouble finding the blend door actuator, any diagrams available online? I am struggling to find good resources.