Aftermarket Upgrades

Hey yall, I am also new to the forum and looking for some opinions. I just bought a 2013 corolla s and am looking to put an intake and exhaust on it. Looking to get better gas mileage and more performance out of it. Also looking to see if I can do these upgrades without interfering with my warranty. let me know what you think.

A larger intake and exhaust will reduce fuel economy, not improve it. To improve fuel economy use a quality synthetic oil and change over to Bridgestone Ecopia low rolling resistance tires. These tires have added 3 mpg + to the fuel economy of my car and will pay for themselves. Per the federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Improvement Act, aftermarket parts don't void new car warranties.

Have read a few posts around where people have switched from organic (dinosaur) oil to synthetic, and have picked up a few more mpgs.

As to aftermarket stuff, I've also heard the folks at Toyota frown upon that, and have, in some cases, voided warranties. If you want to add some aftermarket stuff, go TRD all the way.

if you put TRD parts on they also have a warranty that covers them. The dealerships will feed you full of crap on voiding the warranty if you don't use their parts that's a huge pile of CRAP you can fight and win. I mild modified my 02 with all custom and TRD parts and never had a problem with them doing any work. The aftermarket parts from good companys also back their products with their own warranty.

LDB

As mentioned, Magnusson Moss prohibits voiding the warranty of any item solely due to aftermarket items or owner maintenance. That said, they can void part of your warranty if they prove the modification you made or the work you did yourself was a direct cause of a warrantable failure. IOW, if you put in a bulb that triples the voltage draw and causes wiring to burn they can deny warranty for that specific event due to your improper bulb choice. If you go in because the trunk latch is broken they can't deny fixing it on warranty due to your bulb modification. Likewise, if you have receipts showing you purchased oil and filters to do your own oil changes they can't deny warranty on the engine because you didn't go to the dealer for your oil changes. "Void the warranty" is a viral topic on forums but nowhere near the problem it's made out to be.

Have read a few posts around where people have switched from organic (dinosaur) oil to synthetic, and have picked up a few more mpgs.

As to aftermarket stuff, I've also heard the folks at Toyota frown upon that, and have, in some cases, voided warranties. If you want to add some aftermarket stuff, go TRD all the way.
They can't void the warranty because of aftermarket parts. That's illegal and is in violation of the Federal law known as the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Google it.