Aftermarket Wheel Sizes

im not a corolla owner (yet) but I'm in the market for one. I know goin into the purchase I'll have some extra money to somewhat customize the vehicle.

Anyways my question is, would it be possible to put 18" rims on a 2014-2015 Corolla?

Would I have to do any modifications? If so would those mods be significant?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Go to tire rack's website and size up some potential rims to see what can fit. If 18's do fit, keep in mind that you are going to be using some extremely low profile tyres which will be very susceptible to damage. Just be careful as a large percentage of aftermarket rims are junk from a quality stand point. You get what you pay for and that is especially true with aftermarket rims. I have seen cheap aftermarket rims develop micro-cracks very early in their life, or start corroding around the bead after just one winter thus causing severe air leaks.

Go to tire rack's website and size up some potential rims to see what can fit. If 18's do fit, keep in mind that you are going to be using some extremely low profile tyres which will be very susceptible to damage. Just be careful as a large percentage of aftermarket rims are junk from a quality stand point. You get what you pay for and that is especially true with aftermarket rims. I have seen cheap aftermarket rims develop micro-cracks very early in their life, or start corroding around the bead after just one winter thus causing severe air leaks.
That's why you don't buy cheap stuff lol. I bought MR 127 Motegi Racing and they are 170.00 a rim and a lot stronger then the factory ones. Plus they look great on an all black car.

koby

18's fit no problem as long as you dont go to wide, and as far as a low profile tire with it im running a 235/40/r18 and have zero issues rubbing even with a lowered car. thats none of that stretched tire crap either

Good to hear! I hate the look around here when people stretch the bead out because they forced the tyre onto a rim that was way too wide. When it comes to rims, I live in a bad neighborhood so I avoid anything that makes my car desirable to the thugs. $170 a rim is actually still considered a cheap rim. Quality rims can easily run $400 or more each. Ford offers some extremely nice rims as an option on their Fusion and some of those can be purchased for $700-1000 a rim. In fact, the premium Fusion rims are so valuable that Fusions are getting targeted by thieves, especially since that size also happens to fit other vehicles on the market like the Lexus.

That is just stupid per rim 800.00. Then your better off getting 3 piece rims and I looked at those. I wanted something nice and sporty and they look great so I am happy with them.

Well, it all boils down to what you want. I am generally pretty happy with basic factory alloys so long as they are machine polished. I am not as big of a fan of painted or chrome plated as living in the salt belt is not kind to that. These days, cars ship from the factory with really good looking rims. In fact, the Fusion has raised the bar for what factory cars can ship with as they really stepped up the optional premium rim and tires.

195/65R15
215/45R17
215/45R17

above tire sizes are for your corolla. may i suggest? if you can ask the store from where youre gettin your tires and rims, have them test-fit it to the hubs,especially in the
front. then you need to make sure that when you turn these wheels left to right (all the way) & back/forth, and needs to make sure they dont grab the fender liner and door close.