Any Great Deals on Leftover 2013 Models?

The 1832 has been in ads for $15K for a long time. I could also live with a 1831. But, not a used one. Used just does not save any money long term. They just don't last as long and have more repairs. The only one who makes out on that deal is the dealer. Anyone seeing any low price ads anywhere?

I don't know about these new higher MPG Nissans. Is that tranny gonna last over a 150K. I wonder, when things are made lighter, they don't last as long. I look at it this way. At 30 mpg I spend $1133 per 10K miles of driving. At 35 mpg the cost is 972. A savings of about $150 per 10K miles driven.
But, if my trans goes out at 125K miles. I have not saved a penny. If fact it has cost me even more. The Corolla has been out for a while. It's a proven
piece of equipment.

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
When you purchase a vehicle brand new you are paying a premium price. When you purchase the same vehicle used, you are saving thousands of dollars. The financial magazine, "Money", recommends purchasing a vehicle that is used in order to save money.

A decent quality vehicle will not have premature transmission failure, especially if you service it with a quality synthetic automatic transmission fluid.