Any way to increase power output of the USB?

I'm starting to get real tired of the incredibly weak USB port in our Rolla's. Its so weak that my phone's battery drains faster than it can charge without even doing anything. I don't have wireless charging on my phone so I cant do that one build where someone installed a wireless charger into the same panel. I've checked the fuse by swapping it with another identical one and there seems to be no difference.

Does anyone have any idea as to where I could start?

What happens in my case, I use my old iPod classic plugged into the OEM usb connection. The usb doesn’t put out enough power to charge and use my iPod. It barely puts out enough to maintain the battery.
This connection is the best for sound in my case, but there’s the trade off.

The aux connection is ok at best.
I have a Monster low profile plug in usb charger that I have to use for charging. So I have to switch back and forth a lot.

The Bluetooth connection is terrible for sound. It’s decent, but doesn’t always send all the frequencies. Every so often, with this connection, the bass will cut out. Took me a while to figure this out. I spent about a month emailing Kicker because I thought it was my amps.

So back to the OP’s original post, the USB and AUX jacks are driven by the OEM head unit. So there really isn’t a way to increase the power output. These entune units are ok at best. They do what they’re designed to do, but that’s it! Lol

I tried to increase the power and I burned the wire and the phone, it was too high. So better check a service or an electrician that will help you with that question

The output of the USB in the car didn`t work. I tried to repair it by myself but I failed. In the process, I touched other cables after which the climate didn`t work. It was a great save that in the house were working good Taren Point electricians who changed some cables from the transformer which were burned. One of the guys controlled all the cables and most of them were burned. The next day I went to the mechanic and changed them and the power is well. I charge the phone quickly.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
get a charger rated at 2Amp and as long as you do not fall under a .7A charger you will not drain. so not sure why you are having difficulties on this?

center plug is 90 watt you can hook a inverter and a laptop to it and will not blow. As long as you add the Amps up and they fall under 10Amp for the cigg fuse, you be fine, or piggyback fuses and run a separate port charger. I get like said a 2.1A port charger.