Anybody have this interior panel issue?

I tried to search but it looks like I'm possibly the only one with this problem? I have a 2014 corolla S. I'm having an issue with the kick panel under the glove box. It seems to come off with barely any force. A small bump, a little tap with the foot, a fart... whatever it is it seems to fall off all the time, no matter how hard I try to make it secure.

It looks like there are 3 little hooks for it to clip on, (to which I do) but the piece that goes near the firewall just hangs there. It doesn't really clip into anything. any ideas?

I had the same problem when I first had my car. I took it to the dealer and they installed more padding and that fixed the problem and I haven't had an issue since then. I would try that first.

It was kinda hard to snap some quality pics, but this is what I got

this the the extension that is supposed to go in that hole (marked in white)

I'm not sure if you can tell, I was trying to get pics with the phone but the little nub at the end of the panel does't click into anything, it just sits in an a little hole

Here are the hooks, they clip into. They just aren't snug at all

let me know if your guy's look like this, I might have to try the foam trick.

Thanks!

Ight I just checked out mine and mine and they feel loose but it still holds. Try to pry the clips to open Lil bit more and see if that helps

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
This is the same problem with the 10th gen Corolla as well. I just took off the glovebox and ziptied the plastic panel to a metal part behind the dash.

No rattle or looseness since and it is hidden from sight.

If your cars are under guarantee you should take them to your dealers to get them properly fixed, as it is the car company,s responsibility to stand for their prestige...