Anyone pick up the new hybrid Corolla?

DRL

I picked mine up on Memorial Day, Classic Silver. Been averaging 56-57 mpg daily driving, but recently went on a trip from Florida to Michigan and got 60. I have been super happy with this car. I drove a 2018 iM previously and 2012 Prius before that.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I'm averaging 57 mpg and that's with a hilly commute. I've seen 60+mpg with level and flat cruising. Amazing technology and made in Japan, awesome quality / fit and finish. In power mode it moves along quick enough, but love eco mode and super mpg. Love the safety features, radar cruise control, lane departure, crash detection and even has Apple Car Play, what a deal! ! hybrid.jpg Very happy!

Regarding the new hybrid Corolla, I wasn't a fan of the non-SE/XSE Corolla sedan front styling, dinky little 15" wheels, the lazy & corner-cutting muffler/exhaust implementation, etc. I would like to buy a hybrid, but there seems to be an issue with Toyota believing that all hybrids should look like scaled-down or weird sh*t.

Last edited:
Regarding the new hybrid Corolla, I wasn't a fan of the non-SE/XSE Corolla sedan front styling, dinky little 15" wheels, the lazy & corner-cutting muffler/exhaust implementation, etc. I would like to buy a hybrid, but there seems to be an issue with Toyota believing that all hybrids should look like scaled-down or weird sh*t.
The hybrid market doesn't necessarily have the same priorities ;) (not to mention that those "dinky" wheels do serve a purpose) plus this Corolla hybrid has to be as affordable as possible, replacing the Prius C in this market. That being said "X" equivalent variants (and maybe plug-in) will probably come as soon as Toyota is able to rise production. See RAV4.

Just ordered a 2021 today. Dealer is looking for my color. Came to this site looking for solutions for the lack of a spare tier. Had a 201o Prius, sold it with 115k. Had 3 flats over 10 years, used the spare each time.