Back Bumper Removal

So, the guy at the car wash whacked my bumper right on the 90 degree corner/edge of the left side by the trunk lid. I want to see how I can take the bumper off myself and try to repair it. Is it really hard to take the panels off the car? I've only ever taken the panels off of motorcycles so I have limited experience but none with cars.

yeah. I was looking at that today. Looks like it would be pretty easy to do. I live in an apartment and I'm just not sure how to do it with out damaging it worse as far as the paint goes.

Oh no. The dealers in AZ are absolute assholes and nickel and dime you for everything and anything. That's how the dent happened, and they're not owning up to it. They falsified paperwork saying the dent was there when I brought it in. I've already made a formal complaint to Toyota about them. It seems to just be a couple of bolts and clips and it comes right off. I think if I just do the boiling water and can get behind it I can pop it out.

Oh no. The dealers in AZ are absolute assholes and nickel and dime you for everything and anything. That's how the dent happened, and they're not owning up to it. They falsified paperwork saying the dent was there when I brought it in. I've already made a formal complaint to Toyota about them. It seems to just be a couple of bolts and clips and it comes right off. I think if I just do the boiling water and can get behind it I can pop it out.
Dang hats terrible, well I will try to help as much as I can, I think the bumper is some type of plastic so you can take it off and use the boiling water method.

That's what I though. I was quoted like 500+ to just take the bumper off and bondo, sand, paint, etc the whole thing so it looks perfect again. I just don't want to pay the money, and I don't want to report it to the insurance company. My rates are high enough at 20 with full coverage.

That's the thing though. There's no paint damage. It just needs to be popped back out. I'm hoping it comes off pretty easy. Does anyone know if there are any clips on the back side to be careful of?

This should show you where all of the clips are for the rear bumper: http://partsfactory.camelbacktoyota...gine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-rear-scat

As for removing the crease in your bumper, you could try adding heat and pushing it out from behind.
An exact count and location of each: NOTE: I'm unsure if what I have labeled as #16 is the correct number, but I know I used a screwdriver to remove these.

#16 (x2) - Located at the top of the bumper at the wheel arch area, right above #12, both on left and right sides of the bumper, it's a bit hidden.
#12 (x2) - Located below #16, on the gray piece of plastic in the wheel well, retainer clip, both left and right sides of the bumper.
#4 (x6) - Located under the car, retainer clips going through tabs of the bumper along the whole underside of the bumper. 2 at each end, 2 in the middle attached to the plastic diffuser and 2 in between the ones at the end and middle.
#3 (x2) - Visible with trunk open, two bolts on left and right side of trunk area. I used a 10mm socket to remove these.

Whenever I remove my rear bumper I mask off the parts that clip into the car as well as the quarter panels above to prevent damaging the paint from unexpected forces from pulling on the bumper.