Backup Camera

I own a 2013 corolla and am thinking of having a backup camera installed by the dealer. Does anyone know approximately what this would cost, and is it worth it!!

Do you have the touch screen interface? If so should be plug and play. I have looked into this myself (not through the dealer) and all I need is camera and adapter harness for my touch screen. Camera can be had for $20 from ebay but the harness is close to $100 and above. Is it worth it? That my friend is a question only you can answer. I think it may be worth it but I have not done it myself yet.

I own a 2013 corolla and am thinking of having a backup camera installed by the dealer. Does anyone know approximately what this would cost, and is it worth it!!
Thank you for answering me. I just hung up from my Toyota dealer and they want $600.00!!
Geez talk about highway robbery...I am from Warwick RI if anyone knows who else does this besides dealer?
Marilyn

Thank you for answering me. I just hung up from my Toyota dealer and they want $600.00!!
Geez talk about highway robbery...I am from Warwick RI if anyone knows who else does this besides dealer?
Marilyn
You can go to an Auto and Sound shop in your area and they'll do it for you. You can either get the parts require to do it and just pay them for labor. Or they should have the parts, but you'll be spending a bit more. If you do get them yourself they should charge you no more than $100 to $140 but no more than that.

I got a PAC CAM-TY11 from amazon for $20. didn't come with prime so I will have to wait for it.
Install next week. I will let you know how it goes.

Pac cam-ty11 and a coolint camera from amazon. $47.
I ran a ground wire with the camera wiring to the head unit.Took an hour to install. Great video on Youtube showing the install.

ToyBoy

I have a 2014 came with a camera . I do you use it on occasion but mostly rely on mirrors . I can live without one , nice to have but I wouldn`t pay extra for one.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I get a gopro Session cost 200.00, tap to the rear light for a few dollars and saved 400.00 Lol

using your smartphone to Ipad as your screen.