Bearing or CV Joint noice in my 03 Corolla

I am hearing a rhythmic (but very slight) noise in my front end (I think). Sounds like a bearing to me. But could it be a CV joint problem? I started my working life as an auto mechanic, but very long ago in the 1960's decade. How much trouble is it to change the bearings in the front hubs? Can an old goat like me get'er done. I used to do plenty of wheel bearing changes back in the day. Is it any different? Using a drift pin punch and a hammer to get the races/seals out/in?

I think bearings are a pain because you'll need a press to install it, but because of that the labor fees aren't trivial. I mean anything is doable if you try hard enough haha. Could definitely be a CV joint though, can you diagnose where the noise is coming from better? If the bearing is gone you'd know it'll sound terrible within a week.

Thanks guys, I am not particularly a Corolla fan Mr Palmer. I own one because I bought my wife a Honda Fit after selling my 09 Rav 4 in 2013. I inherited the Corolla after the Fit purchase.

After $3500 Corolla repairs over a year or two I think the car is a local only car. I am retired so I don't really need a car very much, my wife works so she needs the better car. But all that said, I still do need the Corolla for a few more years of local driving. I am taking it in to the local repair shop in a day or two and see what they say. Thanks for your replies.

That's crazy you had to drop that in just a few years! Now I'm scared haha how many miles on yours? Maybe you got a lemon; either way I hope for the best for you, good luck!

That's crazy you had to drop that in just a few years! Now I'm scared haha how many miles on yours? Maybe you got a lemon; either way I hope for the best for you, good luck!
The car has 96,000 miles on it, I can't fault Toyota for the repairs, we live near Phoenix AZ, and the wife drove that car in city traffic all summer long for 12 years in 110*F weather. It was all for oil leaks in the engine, rack and pinion unit, and transmission (Probably because the heat dried out the goo they use instead of gaskets to prevent oil leakage). Add another $1500 in years past for more engine oil leaks. which began at 80,000 miles or so. Plus the water pump went blooey in 2014 another $600 (I had them replace all the hoses and serpentine belt at the time also which is included in the $3,500 mentioned in the post above)......

Indeed, it’s a good question because everyone can have the problem like it. I would recommend you to address at car service and I think they will help you there. If you are nervous and worry about it, I would recommend you to take medicine which contains cannabis. You know, it really helps in the stress situations. Technologies don’t stay on the same place. So, cannabis has become popular in the pharmaceutical sphere. Not just for humans but for pets too. One day I found out about CBD oils at https://www.healthcanal.com/best-cbd-oil/cats and I decided to try Medterra for my cat. You know, it was really useful. I’m not sure if I could help you with my recommendation but I hope so.