Beep beep when locking unlocking doors

is there any way I can disconnect the annoying beep beep when I lock unlock ththe car? Is a L model manual transmission, sound is ugly, wondering if I can make it sound like the S version.
Thank you guys

The L version has a different "beep" sound than others ? Anyway, on other versions, the volume can be set via the touchscreen, so I guess you don't have much option with L.

The L version has a different "beep" sound than others ? Anyway, on other versions, the volume can be set via the touchscreen, so I guess you don't have much option with L.
Yes, it sounds different from the others, ugly horn sound when I lock it. No I can't set volume on the radio, although I'm not using factory radio anymore. I was just wondering if I could change the sound, not the volume. Like make it sound different. Different set of horns maybe,?

Yes, it sounds different from the others, ugly horn sound when I lock it
I'm confused. You mean the L uses the horn ? I was under the impression that all Japanese brands had gone "micro-wave" electronic beep years ago. Maybe it's related to having or not a remote key fob or aftermarket alarm ? Anyway, the "beep" could at least be deactivated :

EricW

I don't know about the previous model but on my 2017 SE the car unlock when I grab the handle. No annoying chirp. I haven't tried locking/unlocking with the FOB though.

I'm confused. You mean the L uses the horn ? I was under the impression that all Japanese brands had gone "micro-wave" electronic beep years ago. Maybe it's related to having or not a remote key fob or aftermarket alarm ? Anyway, the "beep" could at least be deactivated :
Yes, the L uses the horn, is not like the SE my friend has that is that micro-wave (same my TC 2013 has) sound which i rather have than this horn sound, its like the horn is drowning haha. I think on the 2016 that piece explained in the video is between the radiator and the bumper, i will unplug that and see if that silences the beep beep. I got the car on a dealer with 5 miles so i don't know if they put aftermarket alarm or not honestly. It just annoying to see others corollas doing the micro-wave sound when mine is that annoying drowning horn.

I don't know about the previous model but on my 2017 SE the car unlock when I grab the handle. No annoying chirp. I haven't tried locking/unlocking with the FOB though.
I still haven't heard any 2017 locking unlocking, i bet they won't sound like mine lol

Install a new horn maybe?
That is what i have in mind, thinking on a F150 horn, but the harness will not keep up with the current since they are bigger. hmmm. I though the lock/unlock sound came from a different place not the horn, why mine is the horn :mad:. I think i will call the dealer to see if they know something.

I have the 17 SE. Mine doesn't open with touching the door handle. Did you pay extra for that? I had that on my Avalon.

EricW

I have the 17 SE. Mine doesn't open with touching the door handle. Did you pay extra for that? I had that on my Avalon.
I didn't configure my SE but it was optioned with the SE premium package which includes remote keyless entry system, push button start, and a power moon roof.

I didn't configure my SE but it was optioned with the SE premium package which includes remote keyless entry system, push button start, and a power moon roof.
Gotcha. I specifically did not want push button start as I don't like that feature after having it on my 13 Avalon Limited and my rental Sentra. And I also had a sunroof in a few other cars I've had and I've never even used it, much less opened the shade to let in light. Just not my thing. But the keyless entry/locking is a VERY nice feature I liked.

Funny story, not really, about my better halfs uncle/aunt and their Buick LaCrosse and keyless entry. He's a retired AF bomber pilot. To make a long story short, he didn't have his key fob in his pocket to start his push button car. His wife, sitting next to him, had her fob in her purse in the passenger seat, BUT the car wouldn't turn over cuz it didn't read him as having the key. He had someone try to jump the battery. HUGE mistake. Thank God for his extended warranty. He did over $3k worth of damage to the electrical system by trying to jump start it with that push button auto start. After mine developed a short in my 13 Avalon, I said never again.

EricW

Gotcha. I specifically did not want push button start as I don't like that feature after having it on my 13 Avalon Limited and my rental Sentra. And I also had a sunroof in a few other cars I've had and I've never even used it, much less opened the shade to let in light. Just not my thing. But the keyless entry/locking is a VERY nice feature I liked.
The sunroof I could have don't without, I can drive my convertible if I want open air, but the push button start and keyless entry system was something that I wanted. Unfortunately, it's only available in the premium packages.

EricW

Funny story, not really, about my better halfs uncle/aunt and their Buick LaCrosse and keyless entry. He's a retired AF bomber pilot. To make a long story short, he didn't have his key fob in his pocket to start his push button car. His wife, sitting next to him, had her fob in her purse in the passenger seat, BUT the car wouldn't turn over cuz it didn't read him as having the key. He had someone try to jump the battery. HUGE mistake. Thank God for his extended warranty. He did over $3k worth of damage to the electrical system by trying to jump start it with that push button auto start. After mine developed a short in my 13 Avalon, I said never again.
Wow! You would expect the car to start if the FOB is within the car. My wife frequently has her Altima FOB in her purse and I've never had a problem starting the car when I'm driving.

His wife, sitting next to him, had her fob in her purse in the passenger seat, BUT the car wouldn't turn over cuz it didn't read him as having the key.
Unlikely. Those fob aren't that intelligent to distinct between his and hers (they wouldn't even make the difference between a fob and a hacker computer). Plus the fob did work, since it already had allow them in the car.
Either some misstep in starting procedure or pre-existing electrical problem. Actually, more likely the infamous GM "Passlock" glitch. Been there...

Unlikely. Those fob aren't that intelligent to distinct between his and hers (they wouldn't even make the difference between a fob and a hacker computer). Plus the fob did work, since it already had allow them in the car.
Either some misstep in starting procedure or pre-existing electrical problem. Actually, more likely the infamous GM "Passlock" glitch. Been there...
Actually, he didn't have his fob period. He had left it at home.

Actually, he didn't have his fob period. He had left it at home.
But she had hers, and it apparently unlock the doors... I've had two GMs, both with the "passlock" issue. Granted they were remote with keys (not push button start) but the scenario randomly repeated itself from time to time. You would unlock the doors, put the key in ignition, turn the key and... nothing ! Solution A was to wait 10-15 minutes for the "passlock" to wake up. Solution B was to permanently disconnect it. I eventually opted for solution C : buy something else :).