Brake-in New Toyota

I bought my Corolla LE Eco about 3 weeks ago and will like to know which mileage will be to properly make my 1st oil change. Dealer recommend to take the car in at 3,000 to make tire rotation,check fluids,etc,but oil change ay 10,000. my best mpg on highway was 39. Soon i'll be posting pics of my car at the proper thread. Coming from a 4 Runner there's a significant saving$$$ in gas.:thumbsup:

The manual and dealer told me not to change the oil until 10k miles. They asked me to bring it in a 5k to rotate tires and check fluid levels. I'm thinking I'll change it at 5k though, 10 just seems too long. I don't care what anyone says, its cheap insurance against burning up a motor.

New engines have all manner of dust and dirt inside them from the factory assembly lines, as well as assembly lube for the engines. Personally I think it's a prudent idea to remove that from the engine as soon as possible and if it were my car I'd change the oil and upgrade to AMSOIL synthetic motor oil the first day the car was in my driveway. :thumbsup::)

The manual and dealer told me not to change the oil until 10k miles. They asked me to bring it in a 5k to rotate tires and check fluid levels. I'm thinking I'll change it at 5k though, 10 just seems too long. I don't care what anyone says, its cheap insurance against burning up a motor.
The original equipment oil for all new Toyota's is a synthetic oil and has the potential to last longer than dead dinosaur petroleum oils. Case in point is with AMSOIL synthetic motor oils which can go up to 25,000 miles without needing to be changed. This saves the consumer good money and also helps the environment. :thumbup:

I did my first oil change at 250 miles. I also babied the car (avoid long drives, sudden starts and stops, avoid staying at the same speed) for 1,000 miles.

Keep an eye on your oil too. Engines that are in the process of breaking in WILL consume oil.

The original equipment oil for all new Toyota's is a synthetic oil and has the potential to last longer than dead dinosaur petroleum oils. Case in point is with AMSOIL synthetic motor oils which can go up to 25,000 miles without needing to be changed. This saves the consumer good money and also helps the environment. :thumbup:
I know an Amsoil dealer who runs his oil for 25,000 miles, I don't have that much faith. I'm saving enough environment by driving an economy car, the oil is changed often. Plus I was just reading today about sludge build up in Toyotas due to their maintenance intervals. If anyone wants my used oil to squeeze a few more miles out of it, they are welcome to have it:yes:

I'm an AMSOIL Dealer and I've been using 25,000 mile/one year drain intervals for close to 30 years with absolute success. :thumbup: This has saved me a ton of money in unneeded oil changes. AMSOIL has offered 25,000 mile/one year drain intervals ever since 1972, over 40 years ago and millions of miles traveled with outstanding results. It's old hat now. So it's not about faith as it is about science. :yes: Between reduced oil change costs and improved fuel economy, AMSOIL synthetics have saved me thousands of dollars. Longer lasting engines that run better/quieter, provide more power/better throttle response, reduced emissions, an internally cleaner engine, much easier cold winter engine starts, improved lubrication/reduced wear, superior high temperature engine protection, the convenience and time savings of only needing to change oil every 25,000 miles/one year and a made in U.S.A. product are just icing on the cake, regardless of what drain interval someone feels comfortable using. Thousands of laboratory oil analysis reports validate the 25,000 mile/one year drain interval for AMSOIL Signature Series synthetic motor oils. I also offer standard drain interval synthetic motor oils and also a 10,000 mile/six month synthetic motor oil. So whatever your drain interval, I can help you out.

Here are the three AMSOIL synthetic motor oils in the 0W-20 viscosity that the 2014 Corolla uses -

Signature Series synthetic 0W-20, 25,000 miles/one year - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/find/product/asm?zo=349698

XL Extended Life synthetic 0W-20, 10,000 miles/six months - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/find/product/xlz?zo=349698

OE synthetic 0W-20, standard drain intervals - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/find/product/oez?zo=349698

For all Corolla Forum members I offer wholesale prices on the entire line of AMSOIL synthetic lubricants with an AMSOIL Preferred Customer membership, which are the same prices I pay as a Dealer, so I will get you the guaranteed lowest prices anywhere. These prices are 25-30% lower than retail prices.

Below are links to the three-part 409,000 mile oil drain video, (about 6-7 minutes each). This is an older video now, but you will get to see the internal engine parts of an engine that went 409,000 miles without an oil change using AMSOIL synthetic motor oils. As they say, seeing is believing. Enjoy. :thumbup1::)

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy Amsoil for my motorcycle when I had one and was very happy with it. I'm not really sure why I never put it in my car, I always just go get a jug of Mobil 1. I seriously think I'm going to switch my Civic to it and see the difference. With the Corolla I'll likely stick with what Toyota puts in it for now, just at more frequent intervals.

What year is your Civic? I'll take care of you. For your Corolla, I can get you a better oil than what you are currently using, for less cost.

As for motorcycles, check this video out. AMSOIL ran a high temperature torture test where they subjected AMSOIL synthetic motorcycle oil to temperatures as high as 550 deg. F., drained the oil from the engine and sent a sample over to the oil analysis laboratory. The results in the video below are nothing short of mind-blowing! There's much more to motor oil performance than just its drain interval. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to turn this thread into an Amsoil commercial but, my bike loved it. I had a GSXR750 that I ran very hot a few times while stuck in traffic and never had any ill effects to the motor.

I can provide that same performance for your cars. :thumbsup:
I sent you a PM on what I need for my Civic. The Corolla will get free service for the next 2 years but I do want to change more often then they say so I'll have to buy something. I haven't looked into weight or quantity for it, so let me know price and how many quarts plus a filter and I'll probly get some Amsoil for it too.

Neither car is driven enough miles to get the extended mileage stuff but I am curious what you would suggest for 5,000 mile oil changes. It takes me nearly 3 years to drive 25,000 miles, sorry but there is no way I'm leaving any oil in a motor for that long.

25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first. AMSOIL's Signature Series line not only lasts a long time but also provides better engine protection with higher flash points, lower pour points, (providing high and low temperature performance and protection, along with easier cold winter engine starts), improvements in fuel economy, reduced emissions, reduced engine wear, a quieter, cooler running engine, etc. It's not just about drain intervals. You can drain the Signature Series oils at any interval you wish, but whatever that interval is, you'll benefit from all the other performance advantages that AMSOIL Signature Series also provides. :thumbup1:

Last edited: