called the dealer about this

so i called the dealer about installing myself an aftermarket muffler (magna flow) which its been on the car for about a month now just to hear what would happend with the warranty.
long sroty short, the guy basically didnt give me a yes or no (warranty void wise). he said that the muffler would probably cause back pressure,pressure leak and/or a warning light (check engine light i guess) and that if something goes wrong with the car, they will just say that the problem was caused by the aftermarket muffler and bye bye watranty.

Ive had a Magnaflow muffler AND magnapack in place of the resonators on my car for prob a month now. No CEL. No issues. Lets say your AC goes out. Mufflers have zero impact on the AC and about 99% of the rest of the car. The dealership, by law, cannot decline your warranty for an addition of an aftermarket part that does not affect the failed part. To tell you otherwise is a lie. This is why they are vague. They cannot go on record to say your warranty is void for an aftermarket muffler...they just want you at the dealership to install their TRD muffler for double or more the price...smh...

Ive had a Magnaflow muffler AND magnapack in place of the resonators on my car for prob a month now. No CEL. No issues. Lets say your AC goes out. Mufflers have zero impact on the AC and about 99% of the rest of the car. The dealership, by law, cannot decline your warranty for an addition of an aftermarket part that does not affect the failed part. To tell you otherwise is a lie. This is why they are vague. They cannot go on record to say your warranty is void for an aftermarket muffler...they just want you at the dealership to install their TRD muffler for double or more the price...smh...
Lol, I have the TRD exhaust.

Lol...I only use TRD as an example. Because, if Toyota installs their own, then magically your warranty is not void. Yet no different than any other aftermarket exhaust.
No explanation needed. I bought it and installed it. Mainly for warranty and resale. Believe me, I choked on the price!!
(Probably made by Borla anyways lol)

so i can take the car to the dealership for service with the muffler installed without the fear thet they tell me that my warranty is void cuz i installed the muffler?

so if something goes wrong with the car and i take it to the dealership to have it fix, thay have to fix it as long as whatever part i have installed is not what caused the problem? what about adding a body kit like type z?

If you add 16lbs of boost from a turbo charger and you tweak an internal engine component, that's on you. The turbo caused the problem and voids a warranty. If you throw a connecting rod because you replaced a muffler, or a body kit, or anything completely unrelated to the rod, your warranty is valid and must be honored. Any dealership telling you anything otherwise is wrong.

If you add 16lbs of boost from a turbo charger and you tweak an internal engine component, that's on you. The turbo caused the problem and voids a warranty. If you throw a connecting rod because you replaced a muffler, or a body kit, or anything completely unrelated to the rod, your warranty is valid and must be honored. Any dealership telling you anything otherwise is wrong.
damn dealer. so i should not be afraid of showing up at the dealership with an aftermarket muffler and a body kit when im due for an oil change right? cuz last time i took the car for an oil change i replace the muffler with the original one afeaid they would void my warranty.