Can entune play video?

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Chris Denton, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Watch this. Who knows how to make this work? It appears capable.
    Rate, comment and subscribe! Lol
    If you do, let me know your on this forum!!

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Blackielance

Blackielance New Member

A buddy of mine discovered that you could place a dvd and his head unit would play it with the handbrake up. He has a 2014 S with navi.

Chris Denton likes this.
  4. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Really? I’m gonna try later. Lol

5. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I tried, it didn’t play. Kept saying “check disk”.

6. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

7. jolly

jolly New Member

I have a hard time thinking that Fujitsu Ten / Toyota would put the more precise (thus more expensive) laser reading device required by DVD vs CD, in the HU - not to mention video codec in the firmware - only to carefully hiding it and not marketing this higher end feature…

8. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

All the screen options are there, just won’t play. I don’t know if it’s just CD or DVD player. I don’t have the NAV unit nor entune, but I’ll bet it could work on those equipped units. Maybe with bootleg DVD’s or just the older ones.

9. Blackielance

Blackielance New Member

I think if you where to install that you would lose the use of your back up camera.

My buddies has a entune/nav unit. So maybe that what makes it work. ill have to give it a try to see if my car can. I have a entune but no nav unit.

10. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

There were two part numbers, one for the S model and one for everything else. Lol
    Listed above is for everything else. I might have to be the Guinea pig this time.

11. Blackielance

Blackielance New Member

I just check a dvd in my car and got check disc as well.