Car Jerking Issue

Aident

Recently when I step on the gas, gently or not, the vehicle feels like it's jerking or pulling to get up to speed. Now at times when I step on the gas, it doesn't go anywhere until I let off the gas then press gas again then it jerks forward dramatically. Even when I'm at a stop light or stop sign it speeds up randomly when I'm not even pressing gas. Any idea what's going on? I researched on Google and it suggested cleaning the MAF sensor and it did nothing.

Recently when I step on the gas, gently or not, the vehicle feels like it's jerking or pulling to get up to speed. Now at times when I step on the gas, it doesn't go anywhere until I let off the gas then press gas again then it jerks forward dramatically. Even when I'm at a stop light or stop sign it speeds up randomly when I'm not even pressing gas. Any idea what's going on? I researched on Google and it suggested cleaning the MAF sensor and it did nothing.
Do you have any mods done?
I would first start by disconnecting the battery negative for a few minutes. This will reset the computer. If you still have the problem I would take it to Toyota. Is it still under warranty?
My 2006 Corolla LE had to have the computer replaced before it's first oil change, so it's not unheard of.
Your symptoms are the same we experienced when our computer went bad. The car went into "limp home mode", but we went straight to the dealership. Drove a loaner car home that night.

Aside from the engine revving while stopped, it sounds like the tranny is slipping. Since you say it revs without stepping on the gas, I have to concur with C.D. on the computer.