Car surges

My car is 2014 corolla (usa) with 62000 miles on it.

Needed to change the front absorber and brake pads, so I took the car to a local mechanic who may not know much about the techs of the car. After his work I noticed the car sometimes surges (like I had a hit from behind) while slowing down (really happens once a while), and the experience is very difficult to reproduce, so even the authorized repair shops never experienced it after many test drives, hence they never saw anything wrong with the car.

I have read loads of stuff online, and I can say: it seem the gear (at these surge times) miss some shift points, making it result in a harsh downshift.

No dash check light and no DTCs yet. Every sensor my Autel 629ML could access seem to be working fine. My wheel speed sensors seem to be working fine too, but "a tooth on one of the front retuctor ring is damaged" could this be messing up the signal sent through to the transmission module and causing the occasional surge?

All contribution please!

Update!
Rotator was replaced, and the surge has stopped. Vehicle seem to run fine, however, it throws P219A whenever RPM goes above 2000rpm. All sensor tested seem to be working fine...

Some technician said the mil is caused by the adaptive transmission shift try to relearn it shift point.