Check Engine Light After Intake Install?

Hi guys

So I installer the weapon r short ram intake and I checked everything to make sure all cables are connected and Ari hoses secured then around 20-25 miles of driving I got a check engine light.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Diagnosing the check engine light will get you pointed in the right direction. Do you have a scanner? If not you can purchase one at any auto parts store for about $65 - $110, depending on how good you want to go. The scanner will tell you what trouble codes have tripped the check engine light and then by looking up the cause of each trouble code you can start the diagnosis process.

Advance Auto Parts or Autozone will also scan the onboard computer for free and let you know what the trouble codes are.

Hey so you yesterday I took the intake out completely, cleaned the MAFS and all the connectors, and reinstalled the intake back double checking that everything was connected and secured the right way and no air hose was pinched. I let it dried for about two hours and now the check engine light is gone. We'll see.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I strongly recommend having Advance Auto Parts or Autozone scan your Corolla's onboard computer to check for the trouble codes that tripped the check engine light. It might be totally unrelated to the work you did. Also, if you live in a state that has annual safety/emissions inspections, just because the check engine light is off it still wont pass the emissions inspection, as the check engine light trouble code is stored in the cars onboard computer. It needs to be scanned, the trouble codes retrieved and then cleared.