Check engine light (evap emissions)

Krista

The check engine light in my 2004 Corolla with only 34,000 miles on it came on a week or so ago. The guy told me it read an evaporative emissions code but he didn't tell me which one. Told me to tighten gas cap and he cleared the code, but said if it came back on to take it to a mechanic. It just recently came back on. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any advice or insight would be helpful

You've to first scan your car with Toyota diagnostic software Techstream (ordered a mini vci cable with techstream CD less than 30 bucks).
Drag a laptop and run software, connect the cable with car via OBDII connector. Software will show you what's wrong with your car and how to solve it.

You've to first scan your car with Toyota diagnostic software Techstream (ordered a mini vci cable with techstream CD less than 30 bucks).
Drag a laptop and run software, connect the cable with car via OBDII connector. Software will show you what's wrong with your car and how to solve it.
Well, my stealer ship must be out of date. Took my Corolla in for code 0442 before Labor Day and they charged me a diag fee, told me they couldn't find the cause, offered to smoke test the gas tank for another"fee" which I declined,and then said they would change the gas cap. My only blunder was not taking my old cap with me. A day later, same code, and I couldn't return their new cap. Yea, their software is as sharp as a dull pencil.