Coil overs OR Springs

-BOGEY-

I think the biggest factor here (aside from budget) is the amount you are looking to lower the car. For drops up to 1.5" its my opinion that a quality set of springs are sufficient. If you are looking to lower the car beyond that into the 2"+ neighborhood, then coilovers are the choice.

Waste of money + headache

You are slowly destroying your under carriage and stock suspension.

No coil-over or aftermarket springs will beat your OEM setup.

So, if you want to go with coil-over, I would suggest that you check or replace all your OEM bushing, chamber kit and ball joints. Then get an alignment done, some auto-shops will not touch cars with aftermarket coil-over.

Now, if you want to go with aftermarket spring, you better get the correct shock & strut that will accommodate you springs.

True only to a small degree...If you excess a nominal drop or do something completely assinine like cut stock springs, you will have minimal problems. Car enthusiasts have been lowering cars since the beginning to no adverse consequences if done correctly.

"done correctly" isn't difficult. I've logged 70k+ miles on a lowered mustang without any issue. You must of had a bad experience with a lowered (excessively) car...I'm currently pushing 30k on a lowered daily driver (Corolla) ...No issue.