Coilovers

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Chris Denton, Jan 28, 2018.

1. TitoV98

TitoV98 New Member

Does lowering the car add more stress/wear to the suspension system?

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. brothabear

brothabear New Member

It will, I can't say how much faster it'll wear out components (usually bushings, CV axles wear out more faster) but the quickness of the wear will probably depend on how the suspension is setup. In my case, I've already gone through 3 driver side CV axles but I'm running about -8 degrees of front camber. I'm surprised my wheel bearings aren't shot yet but I've had my suspension setup for about 2 years and I daily drive mine, 10k-12k miles a year. I have BC Racing coilovers with 24k swift springs.

As far as control arms and tie rods go, I'm still on my original ones and I check them every month.My car has been lowered on a different set of coilovers and air suspension since I was around 25k miles, I'm currently at 57.3k miles.

TitoV98 likes this.
  4. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Update #2
    I’m gonna need a low profile floor jack!
    I went as low as I could with the jack that I have but it’s still only as low as with the TRD springs. Maybe a touch lower and definitely lower than the back.
    Guess I’ll be buying that Daytona jack from Harbor Freight tomorrow. Lol

5. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

6. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Because I don’t want to be known for giving out bad information...
    The stock end links will work, but are too long according to the installation booklet.
    The bottom of the end link should line up with the bottom of the strut. Mine are about 2.5 inches lower.
    Does anyone know where I can buy adjustable endlinks? I’ve been looking online all day. No one lists them for the Corolla. FRS, Scion, 86, but not Corolla.
    Brothabear, I looked on bc’s website and couldn’t find anything. The end links that are shown in the picture do not appear to be adjustable, and look like the same length as OEM.

Are endlinks basically universal?
    What is everyone using?

And a small update...
    I’m lowered to where there is only an inch of thread left. This is perfect for me. Puts the fender opening at 26” above ground and gives me a finger gap or less between the tire and the fender.
    Problem I’m having now is with maintaining the camber. I get it to spec and then drive it, somehow it’s not holding on the passenger side.
    The toe is now way off but I have an appointment at PTuning (in three weeks) for an alignment. In the meantime, I will be readjusting the rear and fine tuning the best I can.
    Hopefully I can find quality end links.

7. Tcazes

Tcazes New Member

Your specs are changing because the suspension is settling. It will take 100 miles or so to settle to the final resting height. You can' Just install and align. Give it a while then check height again and realign

8. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

E5259B77-AB83-4566-BFF5-235401884083.jpeg Talked with kSports today about the end links. They said it’s fine.
    The sway bar should be parallel to the ground but 15°-20° off was ok.
    I think I’ll still find some adjustable ones.
    Anyways, I think I’m finally done. A lot of adjusting, but it’s about where I want it. Maybe a touch lower in the front when I have the alignment done.

MykelB and ZeCorolla like this.
  9. mostrogt

mostrogt New Member

Nice setup. What wheel setup you have? Also where did you get the side skirts?

10. OP
    Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Thanks
    Wheels are Enkei Raijin 18x8 and the body kit is Mapisa.