Cold start rattle noise

For what is this bolt

• a kind of anti drain bolt?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or just a bypass to make a kind of maintenance?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a corolla 09 with a rattle noise on cold start i already changed intake gear the chain tensioner i heard with a pipe the starter and the noise doesnt come from there. The noise last few around 1-2 seconds. I thoguht there was a problem on the distribution like a loosen chain or the guides but a mechanic tall me that problem is with the lifters or the valves cause the oil passages are clocked or the valve and the guides are worn. He sugested me make a oil flush and then add an oil staibilizer to see if the noise is better. By my part i have been checking and analyzing the posibles casues for this but i saw this i had a big question. Is this bolt close to the chain tensioner a kind of chek valve or oil jet to avoid the oild drain to the summ. I took it out and there is nothing just what you will se the in the pictures. If is the case that there should go a oil jet or something similiar where can i find it. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Attachments

My 2010 makes this rattle noise when started cold.
Sounds like a momentary stuck starter.

I found that it does not occur if I turn on the ignition switch... wait until the ign. bell stops chiming.
Then it fires up without this noise.

I've not done anything to have it fixed.

It suddenly started occurring after I had the dealership change the motor oil.

I'll guess that had something to do with this occurring.

Maybe it'll stop when the motor oil is changed again. ?