Come On College Graduation!!!

Personally, in this Obama-nation economy, I'd have a very hard time going into debt to the tune of $50,000 smackeroonies. Now a $50,000 investment to actually make money? Yeah! :thumbsup:

There are many people who race in S.C.C.A. racing with their front wheel drive vehicles, including the Toyota Corolla and have a blast for a heck of a lot less money spent. :thumbup1:

Toyota Corolla S.C.C.A. Autocross Racing - $50,000 Not Needed! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mustang is one car Ford got right in my opinion. They got it right back in 1964 1/2. Lost there way for awhile in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Now they're back with a hell of a car.

The Mustang is one car Ford got right in my opinion. They got it right back in 1964 1/2. Lost there way for awhile in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Now they're back with a hell of a car.
The Mustang is noted for having serious rear differential problems, as well as other issues, (see the link below). With the absolutely horrible experience I had with a Ford Focus that were based on, (in my opinion), poor Ford engineering and a total lack of customer service or caring about the customer, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy a Ford again!:thumbdown::mad::furious::cursing:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Mustang/

Last edited:
The Mustang is noted for having serious rear differential problems, as well as other issues, (see the link below). With the absolutely horrible experience I had with a Ford Focus that were based on, (in my opinion), poor Ford engineering and a total lack of customer service or caring about the customer, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy a Ford again!:thumbdown::mad::furious::cursing:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Mustang/
Both Mustangs I have had were good to me, and both of them went over a decade on the differential (this is with 300+ ft-lb of torque abusing it). The Ford 8.8" is one of the most solid differentials around, and the Ford 9" is even used by GM guys for their drag cars.

Granted, after my Focus, I will never own a Ford as a daily driver again ... but when it comes to racing, you get more bang for your buck.

Try S.C.C.A. racing and you'll have a blast! :thumbsup::yes::)

Here is the link to your local S.C.C.A. chapter - http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44660&r=sp
Willow Springs International Raceway and Laguna Seca would be a blast to race on ... but another thing to keep in mind is ... would I really want to S.C.C.A. my daily driver? If something happens (and it is racing, it's a given that sooner or later something will happen), I would rather not have it destroy my daily driver and my only car.

I raced my daily when I was 19 years old, and tearing apart your car on a Friday to work on it and finish it before work on Monday sucks.

Something might happen...you might hit a rubber orange pylon and crush it! :D:) Really, in all the years I've been S.C.C.A. autocross racing, I've never seen anyone damage their vehicle. It's a racing event about handling, not high speed, abuse-the-snot-out-of-your-car racing, which is just one reason why S.C.C.A. solo racing is so popular. :thumbsup:

Many online Ford Mustang forums have threads about the horrible differential/rear axle problems the Ford Mustang has. I'm talking the newer models here. The very same engineering/thinking/management that went into creating the nightmare known as the Ford Focus goes into every Ford made. No thank you. :thumbdown: I learned my lesson. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"