Compatibility advice

Hello, I have a 12 Corolla with way too many miles. It currently has as everyone knows a 2ZR-FE with a U341E. I currently have an opportunity to pick up a 15 Corrola that was rear ended. My question is, would I be able to transplant the engine and transmission knowing that the 15 is a different gen Corrola with CVT? Thanks in advance for any information or input

I don't consider high mileage to be a bad thing on a Corolla, so long as I'm the one who drove it, and I know it was driven/maintained in a sensible manner. My 2010 base Corolla had 225,000 miles when we handed it down to the kid in 2016. There wasn't anything wrong with it; she needed a car, my wife thought she was entitled to it, and both of them voted for Bernie Sanders in 2016 so everything should be free, right? I don't mess with with salvage titles, and I don't gamble on high-dollar wrecks.

I agree, unfortunately this poor thing was a rental/taxi it's entire life and the previous owner had no idea of its service history. I thought it was worth at least considering, I'm obsessed with maintaining my vehicles.

I agree, unfortunately this poor thing was a rental/taxi it's entire life and the previous owner had no idea of its service history. I thought it was worth at least considering, I'm obsessed with maintaining my vehicles.
Good luck.

First off, you dont mention where you live. I'm in the US. That said...

I've got two cars in my backyard now, both 1989 models, that I'm trying to make into one. Its a LOT of work, and I would have been money ahead to have bought one car in operable condition. But that was never the aim. It's all about what you are looking to accomplish. I'm an old guy, and have always wanted to build my own car. I'm 15 months into my project (FAR from a Toyota, but again, another story for another day), and it's not even close to being ready to turn the key. It's cheap therapy for me. If my next meal depended on whether this car ran or not, by god I'd be going hungry. The project you are looking at is not a straight-forward swap, and it's not a weekend endeavor. At least if your skillset is comparable to mine. Maybe you have skills that I do not possess. Regardless, you are looking at a large project. Think with your wallet, and not your heart.