Corolla GTI Concept

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Interesting.. That link is the only thing I can find online about it though.
Here's another article with a bit more information: http://blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-to-show-supra-concept-in-october-plus-two-more-sports-concepts/

"Rounding out Toyota’s sporty concepts will be a GTI version of the Corolla. Based on the new 12th-generation car due out later this year, which will use Toyota’s New Global Architecture (TNGA), the GTI is a four-door hatchback packing a 250-hp 2.0-liter turbo four and a specially tuned suspension in an effort to go up against the Volkswagen GTI"

The 2.0L turbo four could be the BMW engine that was rumored to be in the 12th gen Corolla.

Here's another article with a bit more information: http://blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-to-show-supra-concept-in-october-plus-two-more-sports-concepts/

"Rounding out Toyota’s sporty concepts will be a GTI version of the Corolla. Based on the new 12th-generation car due out later this year, which will use Toyota’s New Global Architecture (TNGA), the GTI is a four-door hatchback packing a 250-hp 2.0-liter turbo four and a specially tuned suspension in an effort to go up against the Volkswagen GTI"

The 2.0L turbo four could be the BMW engine that was rumored to be in the 12th gen Corolla.
oh wow! Now that would be a nice Corolla!

Just saw this article and now I think I am going to wait to see if this vehicle actually comes out.

Last month I almost bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM at a dealership in Maryland but due to an illness, I didn't make it out there.
Kind of glad that I didn't purchase it.

I will stick with my 2009 Scion xB for now but next year, it may be BYE BYE Scion and HELLO Corolla !!!

Thanks for the article !!!

Warren

Nice find OP...and interesting. The use of the GTI moniker is a little cheesy IMO. I know other Makes have used it in Europe, like Peugeot etc. But "Corolla GTI" doesn't do it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Nice find OP...and interesting. The use of the GTI moniker is a little cheesy IMO. I know other Makes have used it in Europe, like Peugeot etc. But "Corolla GTI" doesn't do it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me.
The GTI term has been used on the Corolla before. For European AE92 hatchbacks with the 4AGE engine, they were known as the Corolla GT-i. If you couldn't already tell, the GT-i was also the sportiest trim for the AE92 back then.

Coincidentally, the AE92 GT-i was also a hatchback...

I really like the aggressive look of the car though I wish the grill was a little smaller. Why this tendency to use huge front grills that look odd is beside me.

Just saw this article and now I think I am going to wait to see if this vehicle actually comes out.

Last month I almost bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM at a dealership in Maryland but due to an illness, I didn't make it out there.
Kind of glad that I didn't purchase it.

I will stick with my 2009 Scion xB for now but next year, it may be BYE BYE Scion and HELLO Corolla !!!

Thanks for the article !!!
I've been looking at buying a Corolla iM too. I love the style of it. I'd be happy if they would just offer a 1.8L turbo and tuned suspension in an iM!

But in the US it was the Corolla GTS. I've always liked the name better. I loved my 89 Corolla GTS AE92.
I too would prefer GTS, but having that hyphen in GT-i makes all the difference as well. It's really just a pet peeve. The AE92 is holy grail material for enthusiasts. I'd hope this new sporty variant is on par.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I really like the aggressive look of the car though I wish the grill was a little smaller. Why this tendency to use huge front grills that look odd is beside me.
That's just a render that someone did. I highly dought that's how the final car will look since it hasn't even been seen testing before. I'd expect it to look more like a Corolla iM.