Corolla Loss Of Power!

I have a 1990 Toyota Corolla SR-5 5-speed manual with the 1.6 liter engine in it. I was driving home from work tonight and I was on cruise control then all of a sudden when I was climbing a hill in cruise control my RPM's just kept going up and no accelerating at all. So I slowed down and was shifting back up and while shifting when I hit the gas the RPM's jump but nothing was happening. So I pulled over and popped my hood and saw that my exhaust manifold was glowing orange, so I let my car sit for 5 minutes and then went again and same thing happened. I need help ASAP being that this is my daily driver. Thanks

This is a classic sign of a plugged catalytic convertor.

Call around for diagnosis and repair prices. If you continue to drive it in this state, serious engine damage can occur and the car could even catch on fire.

Be advised, don't just call around to auto repair centers asking how much an installed catalytic convertor costs, as that might not be the problem, or only a part of the problem. It needs to be diagnosed by a professional automotive technician. Don't diagnose for the technician, let them them do that. Just tell them the symptoms it is having. The clutch could also be slipping. There might be more than one problem with it.

I fixed the glowing orange exhaust manifold by putting in a new cat but I still can only use 1/4 of my throttle to gain speed slowly otherwise when I try to go faster my RPM's just keep going up and no speed. Any ideas?

Possibly a slipping clutch. Any transmission shop should be able to check this out for you at no charge and provide you a written estimate for repairs.

If that is the problem. Again, a professional automotive technician needs to diagnose these issues. I pray you didn't replace a catalytic convertor that didn't need to be replaced.