Corolla Mods

hankey11

if you're serious... save up money get a dyno done + piggyback ecu + a tune ;)
don't waste money on header, intake, pulleys, etc:mad:

If you want a cheap thrill and cost saving with real performance feedback... get a set of good summer tires or sport tires :D

Sorry didnt mean it like that. Appreciate you helping me know what to put in my car. This is my first car and i dont want to screw anything up when modding it.

Sorry didnt mean it like that. Appreciate you helping me know what to put in my car. This is my first car and i dont want to screw anything up when modding it.
lol..no, no, no MODS to your hearts desire, I'm just glad that you ask the question... just apply some commonsense... please don't wast $800 on a air intake

waking up a zombie thread to avoid asking a similar question a second time...

I get it. These are economy cars. There's no reason to dump money into them trying to chase horsepower that would be found cheaper elsewhere. With that said, it seems like every car (or motorcycle) has a few easy DIY tricks to make it perform optimally, without paying for expensive parts, or sacrificing reliability. In motorcycles, this typically involves expanding the opening on the air box, and then installing a slightly larger main jet in the carburetor to increase the efficiency of the air/fuel mix.

In cars, I have seen things like 2 manufacturers making the same part, with 1 being of better quality, and thus yielding mildly better performance.

Anything like that on this generation Corolla? Pics of a DIY cold-air intake, or the like? Celica GTS parts that swap directly?