Corolla Noob Needs Help With A Door

Brand spanking new to working on Corolla's and I have what I feel is a really silly problem that I can't quite figure out. My 2010 R was hit on the passenger side front door, while trying to get everything functional and working again I found a part sitting down in the bottom of the door that had been popped out by the impact. It connects the inside of the outer door handle to the latch to open the door. At this time the exterior handle is basically just decoration. Can anyone give me any tips on getting it back in place. Nothing appears broken and I think I have the orientation figured out. I just can't get it in with the small space and lack of visibility. Any help is appreciated.

I've attached a pic of the part, note the rubber band is only so I don't lose the spring.

Attachments

This part looks like it is used to pull on the door lock mechanism to allow opening the door.

If you are still figuring out this problem, you might get a better idea of how the part fits and how to install it by looking into the interior of the driver's side door.
You might be able to do this by first lowering the window fully. Take a small flashlight and look down into the driver's door (best done when it is dark). You may be able to see the placement of the part and help you decide how to install it in the passenger door. I used this technique on my Camry when the locking mechanism jammed and I could not get my driver's side door to open.
If you can't see the part though the window opening, then you could take the driver's side door apart - I know this is a pain to take the other door apart, but it may save you time and scratched-up hands in the long run.