Corolla questions

I'm in the market to get a 2017 or newer Corolla and new to the brand. We are attracted to the car because of the safety features and price point. What I have found odd is when I search cars.com, kbb.com there are pages worth of these cars with 40k miles and are not a local trade. Not that i'm scared off by the miles but the amount of cars with the similar mileage just struck me as odd. I have looked at Civic's and they do not have close the clustering of similar mileage the Corolla does. It makes me believe these were used as rental cars, just wanted to see other people's thoughts.

wocsor

people tend to drive their corollas around a lot because of the decent gas mileage, low maintenance cost, low barrier to entry, and great reliability (seen some used 2017's for under $10k with 140k miles on the odo.) especially where i am, people just drive a ton.

by the way, you can get autopilot-like autonomous driving features in the 2017+ corollas. i made a video about it here!

jolly

A bunch of 2017 40K might, indeed, hint of rental unit. Anyway, just get the specific coveted unit history and inspected.
Corolla is a good choice : maybe a little bland, not excelling at anything but at the same time OK at everything, including value, reliability (statistically, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check for the odd lemon) and day to day usage.

Just strange there aren't any local trades. The incentives on a new Corolla make it very appealing. I'm going to check them out today.

@wosor very cool video on the self driving car.

jolly

The incentives on a new Corolla make it very appealing. I'm going to check them out today.
Yes, with the new generation coming in, very good deals might be possible on the current ones with the advantages of new, warranty and safe history !