Corolla won’t start

Hi there,

I have a 2006 toyota corolla with 122700 miles.
First problem, car won’t start due to the clamp on the positive terminal battery broke off due to corrosion. After cleaning and replacing just the clamp on the positive terminal, car starts again. Drove the car for about 2 weeks and the car just suddenly won’t start. Replaced battery but it didnt fix the problem. There is no electrical power in the car. There is no crank as well. Removed and replaced starter, but that doesn’t also fix the problem. If i try to start the car, there will be just one click with no crank and the entire electrical system will shuts down. I will then remove and re-install back the clamp on the positive terminal and the car will get all electrical power again. Head lights will light on, all windows will work, AC works, wiper works, horn works, hazard light works, break lights works, turn signal lights works, cabin dome works, wiper works and side mirror works. But if i try to start the car, there will be just one click with no crank or any other sound then the car will shuts down again. I have not replace any battery cables, relays and alternator.
Can someone tell me what is going on?

Clean your MAF sensor w/ CRC Mass air flow sensor cleaner. And check or replace your PCV valve.

Be careful, this generation Corolla has a very picky ECU. Once you unhook your battery and rehook, it has to relearn all the setting.

I don't know if this will help but a check of the electrical diagram shows that there are 2 circuits that come off the positive terminal of the battery. One goes directly to the starter motor (through a switch) and the other circuit powers everything else. An educated guess is that further corrosion beyond between the positive terminal (that you replaced) to the junction where the circuit splits into two may be a good place to look. Corrosion can limit the current to the starter motor (hence you get only a click) and then limit current to the other circuit to the point where it just won't operate the lights, radio, etc. In fact, this is just what happened to my 91 Previa van which had the same symptoms.
You might first try wiggling the entire positive cable to see if things improve, and if it does, either replace or clean the off the corrosion. I'm also assuming you replaced the battery with a new one.