Current Recall

Ted

I brought in my '12 Corolla S in for the 'Heater Relay' recall. From the time I went in until I left was 45 minutes. I was told by the Service Manager that what they installed would allow the heater to work right away when the car started up on a cold morning.

Ted

I don't have the notice that was sent but as I recall it was for a few years up through 2012s manufactured in the US. The parts were left out and the recall is to put them in. They inspect the car to see if it needs the parts. I received a notice in the mail last week.

Last month, Toyota recalled some vehicles including Corolla. The automaker recalled 2.5 million automobiles in the U.S. alone. The recall was over a faltering master switch that could cause a fire in the driver's side door. Another 5 million models are targeted in other countries around the world.

Last edited:

Ted

The following is the text on the repair ticket for the recall:

CUSTOMER STATES CHECK AND PERFORM INSPECTON CON RECALL MISSING POSITIVE TEMP COEFFICIENT HEATER RELAY RECALL ~|~THE PTC HEATER RELAYS WERE NOT INSTALLED ~|~INSTALLED PTC HEATER RELAYS

PARTS NAME PART # QTY
RELAY KIT TO0400244102 1

Last edited: