Dash Cam Install

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any brave person out there tried to install dash cam into 2014 Corollas?

I have installed many in different cars but this is my first Toyota Collora and their hazard fuse is in the engine ebay; which I can't get reach the wire to.

Under the driver side there is fuse box there but can't seem to find the constant power that I need so that I can run 24/7 on the camera.

Any possibilites?

I have just started looking to see how to hard wire my CB radio, I thought about the cig lighter outlet because my corolla doesn't really have an acsess panel under the steering wheel, maybe in missed something. I'm curious about what kind of dash cam your using. I use a basic samsung camcorder with an extended life battery and a very sturdy suction cup mount that I got from a place called filmtools, I've used this set up for a few years now it works quite well. I'm looking at a camera called DRIVE PROOF DP-210WH $300 plus wiring, can be. Hard wired to the car and mounts to the windshield, this would be for my wife's camry. I may put one of these in my corolla too. EVERY ONE SHOULD HAVE A DASH CAMERA!!!

I got the blackvue dr550gw-2ch and I am gonna attempt to install this weekend. Just went to Toyota dealer and they told me that the fuse called "tail" should do the trick because tail light has constant power they said. I am gonna try to tap that fuse later this week

I got the blackvue dr550gw-2ch and I am gonna attempt to install this weekend. Just went to Toyota dealer and they told me that the fuse called "tail" should do the trick because tail light has constant power they said. I am gonna try to tap that fuse later this week
That is exactly what I have been looking for, barring any software problems it sounds like a good discrete camera. Please us know how it works.

Well, I guess tail would be hot at all times as well since the swtch is the only thing stopping the power there. Carry on!
Ya. If i had a choice I would tap into the Hazard light fuse, which every other dash cam is tapped into but the corolla for some reason, the hazard light fuse is in the engine bay. Its really gay but gotta work with what I have got.

Will update soon if I can. Just too busy with work.:thumbdown: