Dead battery after 5 months.

Thomas

I have a 2015 Corolla LE that I bought new earlier this year. Two days ago my car wouldn't start (lights and infotainment system came on, clicking when trying to turn the engine). I jumped the car, and charged the battery. It started fine after that.

Next day, it didn't start again. Battery voltage was 12.0 V before starting, and after trying to start, it read 9.8 V. The battery was dead. I didn't have the time to take it to a Toyota dealership, so I just bought a new battery from AutoZone (which have a lot of stores and a batter warranty).

I heard from one person that supposedly some new cars come with used batteries, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate that.

This is not what I was expecting from a new car. Just a head's up to the rest of y'all.

jolly

Why would manufacturer put a used battery in a new car ? And even so, might have been a warranty repair...
You should have the electrical system inspected by the dealer. Definitely not normal.
You once reported a strange noise from CVT. Maybe it wasn't the CVT after all...