Decreasing RPM's

Got a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE with 58,000 miles. My rpms go down to 800 when idling and feel like if car will die on me. I take car to dealer for oil changes and I assume computer would diagnose any problem. Is this normal for this vehicle or should I be concerned? Thanks for any advise.

I have the same problem. I changed the spark plugs and filled the tank with some Hess premium gas. All was well. Wifie had the car for the week and let the gas light go on (E) as usual. She filled it up with the cheapo stuff Delta and BOOM, the idle about to die every time I stop started happening again. I am going to let the tank empty out and fill it with the good stuff again. I'm confident that this will take care of the issue but only two days will tell.

Unless the gasoline is contaminated with water, etc., it will have no affect. Saving money buying unbranded gasoline is fine. Your wife didn't do anything wrong.
Unless a car is designed for it, there is no need or benefit to using premium gas.

I've had cheap gas throw a Check Gas Cap light on my Focus (despite being attached properly) that went away when I put name-brand gasoline back in it.

It isn't so much the gas being cheap, as it is that their in-ground tanks probably have a ton of water in them due to lack of maintenance and slow turn-overs.

I let the tank go to E and then filled it with premium gas.

Problem Solved:thumbsup:
Premium gas only makes your wallet lighter and the big oil industry more profits. There is no need or benefit to using Premium gasoline if your car doesn't require it. Indeed, with Premium gasoline's lower btu content, it will reduce fuel economy compared to Regular gasoline.

I have the same problem. I changed the spark plugs and filled the tank with some Hess premium gas. All was well. Wifie had the car for the week and let the gas light go on (E) as usual. She filled it up with the cheapo stuff Delta and BOOM, the idle about to die every time I stop started happening again. I am going to let the tank empty out and fill it with the good stuff again. I'm confident that this will take care of the issue but only two days will tell.
Consistently running the gas tank to almost empty will burn out the very expensive fuel pump. Electric fuel pump's are located inside the gas tank and need gasoline to help cool them. A typical fuel pump replacement job is $500 +. I recommend to get into the habit of refilling the gas tank at 1/4 tank in order to preserve the life of the fuel pump.

Premium gas only makes your wallet lighter and the big oil industry more profits. There is no need or benefit to using Premium gasoline if your car doesn't require it. Indeed, with Premium gasoline's lower btu content, it will reduce fuel economy compared to Regular gasoline.
I have to disagree. My car doesnt work the same with the cheapo gas. I feel the difference when I purchase the good stuff.

That just my opinion.