Door Lock Motors

My sons 97 Corolla has door locks that do not always function correctly. I can see them try to move (I believe all of them). I looked on Ebay for replacement motors and saw 1 universal motor and then some VERY high priced replacement OEM parts.

He is off to college and the next time he is home, I am going to pull the door panels off to try to lubricate the mechanisms. And hope to aid in the functionality. Ultimately, we want to incorperate an alarm system which will allow keyless access to the car. But we also want to ensure all doors lock on their own.

Any recommendations on replacement motors for the doors that may not be repaired with lubrication of the mechanical parts?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

The, "universal", parts that can be had at discount auto parts locations are almost always made in China cheapies that shall we say, don't tend to last too long.

Many times used original equipment parts are a better, more reliable and less costly choice than made in China, "quality", parts.

Check out this website for virtually any used auto part you are looking for -

http://www.Car-Part.com

I hope this helps you out. :thumbsup:

Got them working today with silacone lubricant spray. Removed the 2 rear panels and lubed them. They are much smoother and work great.

Now I need to get an alarm installed.

I remember reading talk about auto locking systems. I believe this car has it. If you use the key twice to lock, it locks all the doors.

Mike