Door Locking Issues - Help

Hello I'm new to the forum and I just got my self a 2002 corolla to replace my rusty 2002 Ford Focus SE, I loved that car so many memories. My new to me corolla burns oil but with 400.000 KMs I'm not surprised, but its inspected for 2 years and will get me back and forth to college so I'm happy.

The one issue I'm having is that the driver side front door wont unlock with the key, its goes in but wont turn (That's What She said) If I try hard enough I can see the drivers door lock/unlock tab thing move slightly upward but if I turn the key any harder I know I will brake the key, also the lock/unlock button near the inside handle dose not work at all

Also the front passenger side door lock/unlock button only locks the back/ passenger doors it will not unlock them I push to unlock and nothing happens no noise from the doors nothing. that means the drivers door dose not lock from the passenger switch.

Also using the key on the passenger door dose not unlock the drivers door.

If I want to get in this car I have to go to passenger side insert the key and turn it to the right to unlock the three doors then go to the back driver side door open it and manually unlock the driver side door.

anybody know what the issue might me?? probably more then one?

Hello I'm new to the forum and I just got my self a 2002 corolla to replace my rusty 2002 Ford Focus SE, I loved that car so many memories. My new to me corolla burns oil but with 400.000 KMs I'm not surprised, but its inspected for 2 years and will get me back and forth to college so I'm happy.

The one issue I'm having is that the driver side front door wont unlock with the key, its goes in but wont turn (That's What She said) If I try hard enough I can see the drivers door lock/unlock tab thing move slightly upward but if I turn the key any harder I know I will brake the key, also the lock/unlock button near the inside handle dose not work at all

Also the front passenger side door lock/unlock button only locks the back/ passenger doors it will not unlock them I push to unlock and nothing happens no noise from the doors nothing. that means the drivers door dose not lock from the passenger switch.

Also using the key on the passenger door dose not unlock the drivers door.

If I want to get in this car I have to go to passenger side insert the key and turn it to the right to unlock the three doors then go to the back driver side door open it and manually unlock the driver side door.

anybody know what the issue might me?? probably more then one?
Matt, you may not even have your Corolla anymore, but I'm having a similar problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you've gotten any help.

The driver's door my daughter's 2002 Corolla won't open. The button won't unlock on the inside. The key won't turn on in either direction in the lock on the outside of the door. The Key Fob does not unlock the door.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Matt, you may not even have your Corolla anymore, but I'm having a similar problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you've gotten any help.

The driver's door my daughter's 2002 Corolla won't open. The button won't unlock on the inside. The key won't turn on in either direction in the lock on the outside of the door. The Key Fob does not unlock the door.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
My 2000 unlocks 3 doors with the fob but, not drivers rear. I also need to replace my driver front door latch because it sticks even though its been greased. What's weird is that I am about to replace the interior door handles and the one's that are on don't look like the ones for powered doors but, I have power doors/locks. I'm thinking it's an actuator problem. Maybe needs replacing.