Driver's Door Lock Issue

My 2015Toyota Corolla does not unlock drivers lock when using the remote,
it will lock but it will not unlock I have to use the car key to get into the car
Has anybody had same issue, if so how was it solved Please

nmp1

My 2015Toyota Corolla does not unlock drivers lock when using the remote,
it will lock but it will not unlock I have to use the car key to get into the car
Has anybody had same issue, if so how was it solved Please
do you have a 2nd key to try to see if the remote is the issue? sounds like the remote is the problem, take it apart and look for obvious issues and change the battery.

do you have a 2nd key to try to see if the remote is the issue? sounds like the remote is the problem, take it apart and look for obvious issues and change the battery.
Hello Thank you for your quick reply....yes I did tryed with both remotes and yes I did put fresh batteries on both
That is why I like to know if there is some other issue

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Actuators go:

What i do is take some selicon spray on a towel, wipe on the lock tap we lock/unlock the door with then the electronic lock switch. If the lock tab has dust that can cause it to get stuck. I say that because that worked for me on my older car. for a little bit till the part failed. And then I simply changed it out. So check/inspect the mechanism that locks/unlocks the door and do some cleaning. Just some thoughts.

It's a faulty door lock actuator. Very common problem on Toyota's. The cheap motors used to drive the lock mechanism is the root cause. I've replaced both the drivers and passengers side on my wife's Prius. The dealer charges ~$600 per door. If your mechanically competent, you can do it yourself for the cost of the part.

It's a faulty door lock actuator. Very common problem on Toyota's. The cheap motors used to drive the lock mechanism is the root cause. I've replaced both the drivers and passengers side on my wife's Prius. The dealer charges ~$600 per door. If your mechanically competent, you can do it yourself for the cost of the part.
The hardest part of the job is going to be dealing with the door panel fasteners.. its pretty easy, or at least it was on my jeep and I replaced the window regulator on it too.

Its just a few screws to loosen and tighten

Oh, man! That sort of issue with Toyota makes me regret the day I got one. I could easily take my COrolla and ship it all the way back to Japan if I was given a chance. I was left out of my car in Seattle for hours waiting for a locksmith and when he finally came and opened the door he made a total mess out of the carpet trying to open the door. My car was not in an ideal state anyway, so I decided to get a carpet cleaning Seattle to make things look like new. It's always a good idea to have such services handy in case something unexpected happens.