Driving Car Hard When Engine is Cold

Yesterday my brother called and said my mom was at the hospital. I immediately got up and went to my car and then floored it. My car was sitting outside for a good 8 hours since I drove it. I live in California and the temp was around 51 degrees. I didn't floor it for to long.I get kind of paranoid about my car since my last one gave me tons of problems.

Anyways you think I did any kind of damage. I have a 2005 Corolla LE with 101,00 miles. I take good care of it and never drive hard except for yesterday. The engine seems fine when I checked it this morning. Please let me know

It's not a big deal, expecially when someone important to you needed you. But if possible always give ur car a warmup if parked over night. I let my 03 corolla over 112k abt 1 mim warmup every mornin, and im using synthetic.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Most, "synthetic", oils on the market today are not really synthetic oils in the traditional sense of the term and are merely petroleum oils subjected to more refining.

Certainly. AMSOIL pioneered the synthetic lubricants industry for cars and trucks with the worlds first 100% synthetic API qualified motor oil way back in 1972 and hes led the industry ever since. AMSOIL was also first to release the 0W-30 viscosity. I've been an independent AMSOIL synthetic lubricants Dealer for many years and I will provide you the savings of wholesale prices, which are lower prices than other synthetics on the market.

What year/make/model/engine vehicle do you own?

Check my website below for more information. Keep in mind though my online store lists retail prices not the 25-30% lower wholesale prices I can provide you.

Last edited:
absolutely right scott i have toyota xli 2011 model that i recently bought and thanks for help i would like to prefer AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil because of delivers lubrication in all types of automotive engines. AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil exceeds the higher performance demands of modern engines.

Thanks

carlile92

Corolla Rookie
Your fine there are ppl that do that almost daily your just causing a lot of engine wear I would worry abouttthe tranny more those need to warm up just as much and don't just lose power because of it they lose the go power