Engine Hardware List

I bought a 1993 Corolla with a 4afe engine for cheap. Prev owner said head gasket was blown and proceeded to tear down the engine, but apparently lost interest in the project because life got in the way. I have a box full of parts but no hardware to reassemble the engine. I'm going to remove the block, get everything cleaned up and looked over before rebuilding. Does anyone know where I can get a list of required hardware for this engine? I also have an old aircooled vw and I know there are replacement hardware kits available for it, just wondered if anybody knew if there was something available for the 4afe?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbsup::clap::):thumbup::thumbup1::balloon: :rockon:

A Toyota dealer's Parts Department can provide you with a complete engine rebuild kit with Toyota quality parts.

There are many aftermarket sources as well available from Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc. Of course as with anything, the quality will vary. I personally strongly recommend avoiding made in China parts, as I feel they are very poor quality, don't do the job very well and don't last very long.